Why Not a live action Honor Harrington Tv Series ?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Id love to see that happen. If so who would you like to see write and produce it? :)

I'd agree that I'd love to see one, but I am not one who knows writers or producers, so I surely couldn't tell. However I wonder if such a thing is possible given all of the outrageous back story that it would have to deal with or the H.H. lovers would be crying foul!!

It would need to be done by somebody that knew and loved the series and had the money behind them to do it properly. Any one that took it on simply as a way to make money would turn it into puerile muck in moments. I'm looking at you SyFy.

It would need to be done by somebody that knew and loved the series and had the money behind them to do it properly. Any one that took it on simply as a way to make money would turn it into puerile muck in moments. I'm looking at you SyFy.

The Syfy Channel would be the likely destination .

I'm not sure how T.V. would handle the "cats." I think any CG would likely be too weird to be taken seriously.

I'm not sure how T.V. would handle the "cats." I think any CG would likely be too weird to be taken seriously.

Cat's aside Id love to see this happen as a series.(y)

Who do you think would make a good Honor? Though i am not a big fan of hers it seems Angelina Jolie has the physical similarities to play the role.

I actually think HH should be animated (kind of like Clone Wars but more realistic). That's the only way to deal with the non-ageing of the characters.

There is a logic to that, but I personally think that animated seems a bit less serious. Also, I doubt any series is going to run 40 years or so. So I don't think the age thing will be a problem. But animated would help a lot with the problem of the "cats."

You ever watched The Highlander? The actors visibly age during the course of the series, and it was only 6 seasons. Also, the plot and cast expands and becomes too big for the movies.

You ever watched The Highlander? The actors visibly age during the course of the series, and it was only 6 seasons. Also, the plot and cast expands and becomes too big for the movies.
A few episodes, no more. But I think in any series that was 10 years of less the aging would be gradual and most people would not think about the change in a run of that length.

With modern CGI I don't think they would have any problems with the tree-cats.

I suspect some of the main stoppers would be size of the main story arc and the changing emphasis. The overall story arc bringing in the Mesa and Sol would, I suspect, be a bit over long/slow for a tv series. They would want some sort of conclusion at the end of each season and I'm not sure the HH series would offer that. Also the series has gradually moved from primarily action to primarily political. Whilst I think Weber can just about get away with the change of emphasis in book form I'm not sure they would like it for a tv series; they would want the whole thing to be one or the other.

Back