Forever

The Bluestocking

Bloody Mary in Blue
Anyone else here watching the new series Forever starring Ioan Gruffudd as a cross between Highlander, Sherlock Holmes, and House?

I find it fairly entertaining and it could - if it survives for another season or two - turn into "comfort food" crime procedural TV with a twist much like Elementary, Castle, and Bones (though I do not watch the latter two anymore because their storylines have reached the downhill stage).

It's not a bad show not a great show, I think of it at Highlander meets Sherlock Holmes. It might end up last a few seasons .:)

It was fun, but it had the sense of trying to cram too many plot books into the first episode in the hope at least one would catch viewers.

It's one of those programs I'll record and run through over a quiet weekend.

It was fun, but it had the sense of trying to cram too many plot books into the first episode in the hope at least one would catch viewers.

It's one of those programs I'll record and run through over a quiet weekend.

It gets better in subsequent episodes.

And yes - it's good for a quiet weekend. I'm starting to think about the main character as a far less annoying version of Castle and the supporting cast are very competent, especially Judd Hirsch and the dude who plays Ioan Gruffudd's assistant - both are hilarious!

Oh, and WELCOME TO CHRONS, Dinosaur :)

I just started watching this; binge-watched all the first four episides on a rainy afternoon last weekend when the kids and husband were all busy with their own stuff. Very enjoyable. It had been a while since I'd watched that sort of show, and it's a nice break from all the Marvel and DC related stuff I've been watching.

House with Highlander is how I'd explained it to my husband, too. :D

I just started watching this; binge-watched all the first four episides on a rainy afternoon last weekend when the kids and husband were all busy with their own stuff. Very enjoyable. It had been a while since I'd watched that sort of show, and it's a nice break from all the Marvel and DC related stuff I've been watching.

House with Highlander is how I'd explained it to my husband, too. :D

YAY!

Dr Richard Morgan is a far more congenial character than House, methinks. For one thing - he's not a misanthrope, he has an adopted son, he had been married to a woman he loved before, and he's not manipulative and verbally abusive towards his colleagues.

Forever is getting more and more amusing with episode - it's definitely growing on me.

Henry and the dominatrix therapist - who'd have thought it, eh?

Also, despite struggling in the ratings, ABC apparently now ordered a full season of 22 episodes:

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/forever-abc-orders-full-season-of-struggling-drama-34642/
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/forever-abc-orders-full-season-of-struggling-drama-34642/
Fingers crossed it stays around for more than one season.

Last edited:
I am enjoying it - amusing, mainly lighthearted. Some good cast members :)

This week's episode is really good. Love the Jazz theme! Love how the writers intertwine his cases with his life experience - it's a good way of feeding the viewer bits of backstory to flesh out his character, his world, and the puzzle that is his immortality.

I've only seen the first two so far, but enjoyed them greatly. Certainly nothing greatly original going on with the series concept, but I feel like there's been a dearth of good "lighthearted" genre TV lately, and I'm very happy to find some. Looking forward to seeing how it goes...

Loved the jazz one. Especially with his rant about young people and their loud music. :D

This is one of the lighter shows I watch; funny really, what with all the murders and body chopping, but it never feels heavy. :)

Loved the jazz one. Especially with his rant about young people and their loud music. :D

He sounded like my Dad when my dad had to endure all the teeny bopper Pop I listened to while growing up.

Of course, since that teeny bopper Pop isn't exactly Jazz, I outgrew that type of music in time. Now I listen to Jazz and Classical... just as my Dad had always hoped :)

I think part of the comedy of the series comes from Richard looking so much younger than Abraham and lecturing him about stuff like this because we *know* that he's Abraham's dad and far older than Abraham :)

My jaw just dropped at the ending of tonight's episode...

So now Henry's required to attend therapy with the sociopathic immortal? OMG!