Discussion thread -- SEVENTY-FIVE WORD WRITING CHALLENGE May 2014

Really cool stories, Perp & Hope! The last few sentences of each really were especially awesome!! :)

Perpetual Man -- This cleverly designed tale weaves together multiple themes from a classic source to result in a multifaceted jewel.

hopewrites -- The author manages the difficult task of bringing a sunny smile to what at first seems a dark story.

Bowler1 winks back at Hex. Yes, I moonlight with a little security work for royalty. Must have own RAY GUNS, but not a problem for me.

I just posted. But I realized that I didn't check to see if my entry was similar to anyone elses. EEK! I better check.

(runs off) "AHHHHHHhhhhhhhh!"

(returns)

I'm good. Whew. I scared myself.

Heh heh. I like being overly dramatic here. If I did that in public, people might think I'm freaking out because I'm on fire, or afraid of bugs. I try not to laugh when I see a grown man afraid of bugs, and I mean really freaking out.

Hee, LOVED the double feature, Starbeast! Great to see you posting!! :) CC

Thanks Cat's. It took me a while to formulate something. And it's great to be back in the site too.

I hope a flood of more stories are coming soon.

I just posted. But I realized that I didn't check to see if my entry was similar to anyone elses. EEK! I better check.

Yeah, because you have to worry about that a lot.

:) Dusty does have a point, Starbeast! You have a wonderful and unique voice here. But as crazy as it sounds, I understand what Starbeast means...every Challenge I worry about the exact same thing..."Should I post my story at-this-very-moment before someone posts the same idea?". Mad, yes, I know! :)

TheDustyZebra, Cat's Cradle & Juliana

Good morning.

You're all very nice to say my stories are a breed-of-their-own. But, I have had on two occasions where I had to change my tale for something else, because it was close to someone else's idea. Plus, I've seen a handful of stories that were similar ideas I had for alternate tales.

I can't wait to read everyone's stories that have been posted. I only skimmed through them earlier.

Pardon me folks, I'm going to mow the lawn now. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I used to have that "gotta hurry and post this because it's the absolute most obvious idea from that theme and someone is bound to get there first" urgency. Eventually I realized that what seemed totally obvious in my brain never got into anyone else's at all (mine is a pretty scary place, indeed) and I stopped worrying about it.* :D

* = started slacking

Back