DISCUSSION -- April 2014 75+5 Word Writing Challenge

Good to have you back Bob. I'm glad the techs were operating on your computer rather than on you this time.

Howdy Parson,
I get another 3 weeks off before my next 2 doctor visits (decision time).
As it turns out the computer guy charges just 10% less than the doctors do, hard to save a buck these days.
I have an idea for a story this month, if I can get it to fit all the boxes, "challenge " is right. I haven't read any of the entries so far, think I will hold off till I put my story together.
Think spring will ever come?
Bob:cool:

Join me on the shooting range Starbeast. We'll have beers, chats and targets. The stress of life shall fall from your shoulders, as you pull the stock of a rifle tight against your shoulder... and shoot. Battery packs are stacked and racked. Stand back, this baby kicks back.

Zzzzaaaaappppppp.

Woohoo.

Nice shot Bowler1. Oh my, I think you took out that tree with the target. Yep, it's falling over. *cracks open an O'Douls beer, we clink cans, I gulp down half of it* Mmm, mighty tasty. The SFFC is definately a great oasis to get away to.

I'm looking forward to your story.

I'll take a shot now. Zap zap zap! Oh yeah. This outdoor range is awesome. I hope we don't destroy too much acreage.

Zap zap zap! Ka-BOOOM! Yeee-hah! Zap zap zap!

Cool poem, Starbeast! Very nice too, Aun!!!

Thanks Cat's. I had fun writing it. I noticed you've written a story too. Hopefully soon, I'll begin giving reviews. BUT, if there are many reviewers, I might step back to give others room to comment.

Lots of great stories out there already. I hope we get a flood of tales in throughout this month.

This was a tough challenge. :)

I tried to think outside the box and I just hope I didn't stray from the target theme/genre too much.

Thanks for the review Benst. You make it sound far more subtle than it is.:)

Howdy Parson,
I get another 3 weeks off before my next 2 doctor visits (decision time).
As it turns out the computer guy charges just 10% less than the doctors do, hard to save a buck these days.
I have an idea for a story this month, if I can get it to fit all the boxes, "challenge " is right. I haven't read any of the entries so far, think I will hold off till I put my story together.
Think spring will ever come?
Bob:cool:

Ouch!! Just 10% less???!!! --- Make a wise decision when the time comes. I'll say another prayer. (You are still on my prayer list.)

Story, ---- Well I have an idea but its a setting, and without any action you don't have a story. So I have to answer the questions, Why are they going to do this? and What's going to happen.

Wow, really nice story, Khayos, one of my favorites so far this Chalenge!

Thank you so much Cat's cradle!

I haven't read through the other entries yet, but I'm sure there are some great ones out there and I'll start reading them now.
Also, I am so sorry I missed the voting of the last competition everyone, I've had a lot of mock exams and the Education Board loves to break the spirit's of us students. I'll make up for it by handing out metaphorical cookies... whilst dodging Bowler's raygun of course..

So I go on vacation, come back and not only does SB pick a slightly stressfull theme, but we get 5 extra words!!?? And I see we have a new reviewer. Pretty cool stuff.

Between this and the 300 I will be very busy..oh yeah, and I need to guess on the Sekrit santa..oh and work on a couple short stories...good thing I love doing it all ;)

Also, I am so sorry I missed the voting of the last competition everyone, I've had a lot of mock exams and the Education Board loves to break the spirit's of us students. I'll make up for it by handing out metaphorical cookies... whilst dodging Bowler's raygun of course..

I hope the exams went well?

ZZaaapppp...

Nice cookies too. ZZaaapppp... Heehee, what can I say. I like cookies but I like me guns more. Pow, pow... pow.

Yes, speaking of Sekrit Santa, everyone please feel free to head over to the Workshop and check out the Guessing Thread. Anyone is free to hazard guesses as to who wrote what!

Thanks for the reminder TDZ! I love reading the longer pieces that the Sekrit Santa challenges serve up. Must join in again next time around..

Aun - nice to know you'll be taken care of ;-)

Bowler - the air here smells of singeing; is that down to you?

Good stuff already - enjoying this challenge...!

Bowler1 refrain from shooting at the students! They're our future and us old uns need looking after

I work in education and I know the little darlings are just like me when I was their age - so... we're all DOOMED. :D

ZZZzzzaaaapppppp

Bowler - the air here smells of singeing; is that down to you?

Why does everyone always blame me?

It looks as though the entries are coming in fast and furious at the moment, so I'm going to skip on the comments this month - got a lot to do don'tcha know. Which is a shame because I had a fun idea in how to present them.

Some great stories already (well all of them) and my idea seems to be a square shaped object trying to be squeezed into a round hole. Not to mention too many words.

Well I'm glad of the extra words as my first draft has ended up at 80 words! And it's an adaptation of an old unused 300 worder so didn't even have to think too much! Now to let it simmer for a couple of days..

Back