I miss reading ASoIF!

Yog-Sothoth

I'm sure most of you would say then reread the books, well I have already done that. I just had a glimpse of Arianne's chapter in TWoW and I got a strong feeling of withdrawal. I have been trying to read other fantasy books but they're just not cutting it for me. Its either too high fantasy or they are out killing their mothers, not in the mood for that (never for the latter :)).

I miss Martin's writing style which a has good balance and the world its set in is so intriguing. I'm thinking of getting my hands on Dangerous Women just to read The Princess and the Queen, a 35k novella set in a pre-Game of Thrones Westeros.

Anyone read it?

I know the feeling, I went through it after I finished Dance last year. And yes I've read The Princess and the Queen. I did really like it, and if you want more stories from the world of Westeros you should really check it out. There's also the Dunk and Egg short stories that are worth checking out.

I have read and reread ASoIaF at least 7-8 times and I always find something I missed. I finally broke down and put them on my Kindle because I have read (and studied) two sets of books to shreds!

A few recommendations in the mean time:

Fevre Dream-Martin's take on vampires, easy to read, decent story.

Wheel of Time-very long but finally complete and a good story.

Sword of Truth- a series by Terry Goodkind. Very good, my second favorite of all time! The middle books get a little preachy but excellent story!

Dark Tower-series by Steven King. Not his usual story type. VERY GOOD.

Hope this helps you through the withdrawal we are all going through!

I have read and reread ASoIaF at least 7-8 times and I always find something I missed. I finally broke down and put them on my Kindle because I have read (and studied) two sets of books to shreds!

A few recommendations in the mean time:

Fevre Dream-Martin's take on vampires, easy to read, decent story.

Wheel of Time-very long but finally complete and a good story.

Sword of Truth- a series by Terry Goodkind. Very good, my second favorite of all time! The middle books get a little preachy but excellent story!

Dark Tower-series by Steven King. Not his usual story type. VERY GOOD.

Hope this helps you through the withdrawal we are all going through!

I'd def agree on Fevre Dream! Brilliant take on vamps. ^^

And if you want to read other amazing, non fantasy books, you should check out Ken Folletts Pillars of the Earth and the World Without End. Both are spectacular and, despite the lack of Magic, IMO they come closest to Martin's kind of grity, realist story telling taking place in the medieval ages. And if you like those 2 books, you can move on to Fall fo Giants and Winter of the World.

You actually finished it? I got to around book 6 and realised I just didn't care what happened next.

Actually yes! After Jordan died Brandon Sanderson wrote the last 3 books. He got back to the core characters and what they where meant to do. I kinda hate to say it but I liked his writing better than Jordan's.

Actually yes! After Jordan died Brandon Sanderson wrote the last 3 books. He got back to the core characters and what they where meant to do. I kinda hate to say it but I liked his writing better than Jordan's.

Did Jordan's writing make you tug on your braid in frustration?

I love his writing style too...it's to the point, but elaborate as well. I took a chance to read his Dunk and Egg novellas and loved them. I just wonder when ASoIaF is finished, if he will start writing novella prequels again? I for one would love to see how he fleshes out Aegon's Conquest.