Sheri S Tepper

Do you recommend that trilogy? The only Sheri S Tepper book I have read is "Grass". I thought it was brilliant, but I haven't yet gotten around to reading more of her work.

I have a few of her titles on my kindle. ("Beauty", "Gate to Women's Country" and "Six Moon Dance"). Are any of those amongst her best work?

I read Beauty a long time ago, and absolutely loved it. Gave it to my daughter to read when she and she loved it to. It's one of our favorite novels.

Do you recommend that trilogy? The only Sheri S Tepper book I have read is "Grass". I thought it was brilliant, but I haven't yet gotten around to reading more of her work.

Speaking for myself, I'd say "definitely". As for the rest... I've not read Six Moon Dance, but I'd classify Beauty as among her best, and The Gate to Women's Country as fairly high on the list....

Good to see more rated novels of her mentioned, i was so impressed by Grass, what she did with that book. One of the better surprises of SF Masterworks reads of authors i didnt know much about.

Speaking for myself, I'd say "definitely". As for the rest... I've not read Six Moon Dance, but I'd classify Beauty as among her best, and The Gate to Women's Country as fairly high on the list....

Thanks. I'll prob. read "Beauty" soon.

I thought "Beauty" was very good, with slight reservations. I found it a little too didactic in places but that didn't really get in the way of a great and imaginative story.

There are also two trilogies which interconnect with the True Game, the Chronicles of Mavin Manyshaped and the Jinian Footseer books. I enjoyed them, but I am a real fan of this author, Grass, Raising the Stones and The Awakeners being my own personal favourites. She can however be a little heavy handed with her main themes in some of her other works.