Game of Thrones - Season 4

Lenny

Press "X" to admire hat
So, the fourth series was announced on April 2nd, to be broadcast early 2014... to precisely no-one's surprise.

---

It might be a bit early to start discussions about the fourth series, seeing as the third is still rolling along, but GRRM has let slip some wonderful casting news:

Auditions are being held now for season 4 – including Styr the Magnar of Thenn, Mace Tyrell and OBERYN MARTELL!!

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/05/grrm-confirms-red-viper-mace-magnar-being-cast/

I've always been intrigued by Dorne in the books, so it's great to see a Dornishman is being cast (Oberyn Martell). Hopefully, this means that other Martells and Dornishmen will also be cast and make an appearance. Skimming through the comments on the site, I agree with those who say Alexander Siddig should be cast as Oberyn. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Actually I think Oded Fehr should play the Red Viper of Dorne. For those of you who don't remember who he is, he played the badass Ardeth in The Mummy. As far as Doran Martell is concerned, my vote is for Alfred Molina. He could totally pull off Doran. Oberyn's paramour could be played by Aishwarya Rai, she played in the Arthurian movie The Last Legion a few years ago.

For those of you who have not read A Storm of Swords, those who love Tyrion, those who were stunned by the Red Wedding, those who want to see romance ... all I can say is that the trailer looks to give you all you want. Cliffhanger after cliffhanger and climax upon climax.

And here are a few stills showing mostly old, but also some new characters and one change in casting from last season.

Loved the first 3 seasons p, and have read the first 4 books...awesome series

Trailer #2:

Book fans, watch until the end!

So much in there to excite. And also much to suggest that a number of arcs are being brought forward.

Can't wait to see the new season! I don't eant to watch the trailer this time :) I want to be surprised! Visually at least, because I've almost read the second part of Storm of Swords.. my gosh so many things are going to happen can't wait!!

Looks like they have upped the ante on last season. Was that Coldhands at the end of the trailer?

The trailers never fail to pump me up, I can't wait for the new season!

So... four nights ago HBO hosted a Season Four Premiere party and showing of the opener at the Paramount Theatre in downtown Denver according to the local fish wrap.

Denver was chosen to be among a few major cities to host the special viewing because of the show's popularity in the Mile High City, said David Castro, HBO director of corporate affairs.

"Denver ranks in the 15 top markets for viewership," Castro said.

Tickets to the screening were first come, first serve. The Paramount, at 1621 Glenarm Place, seats 1,000, which was not enough to accommodate the line of hopefuls stretching nearly two blocks.

How did this happen less than ten miles from my residence and I not know about it? Was is advertised exclusively on HBO? I read nothing of it on the net. I heard nothing from friends. I saw nothing at Barnes & Noble. There were not any promotions at the local game stores. I do not get the Denver Post. I have driven by the Paramount since January...

Was it only advertised on HBO? I don't have HBO now and the plan is for my friends to host this season at their house and I'll bring food and beer.