Discussion Thread - SEVENTY-FIVE WORD WRITING CHALLENGE March 2013

No, you go enter. Now! Shoo, off with you, Mousey. Off with you.

A block of cheese would have motivated me. Make it wensleydale, I haven't had that in a while.

As for me, I've had a story idea in the back of my mind for a couple of months, now seems the time to whip it out.

Hmm, but I really wanted to use it for the 300 Challenge, I wanted to make it very descriptive. Drat! I'll have to see if I can come up with something else, 75 words is not enough to express my first idea.

Must work on Plan: B

Ah well, I've got time. :rolleyes: Hmm........

My brain connects things oddly. I think it is just that second line of the chorus throws me somewhere the song probably wasn't intending. :)

And Bowler rises to the challenge! Nice!
Wow, lots of entries already. Have scribbled something but need to kick the kids off the computer first (hate typing on the ipad).

And Bowler rises to the challenge! Nice!
Wow, lots of entries already. Have scribbled something but need to kick the kids off the computer first (hate typing on the ipad).

Pushing the remit beyond breaking point maybe and possibly beyond votes, but I have to admit I enjoyed knocking it up. I'm a sucker for RAY GUNS, and I couldn't help myself. :D

I don't have an iPad. I think their great for surfing and I like to muck about on 'em, but for typing, no thank you.

Oh I had a dream that would be perfect for this!! D, no spoilers, but tell me what you think once I get it knocked out.
*scampers back to work to let the story mull in the back of her mind*

Bowler1 -- a sly, amusing spoof of familiar SF and fantasy themes

Abernovo -- a theological fantasy, one of the most difficult of all genres, which raises chilling implications

Luiglin -- a charming look at the inner lives of creatures many of us think we know

Kern Maeshalanadae -- tells an entire fantasy epic in a few words

kromanjon -- an interesting confrontation which forces us to think about our ideas of good and evil

Glitch -- takes a look at the inner world of a character we might all be able to relate to

So I was off getting a drink and inspiration struck. Come back, type it out, re-read... nothing whatsoever to do with the topic. Nothing like.

Back to the drawing board.

Oooh yes! Nice choices Culhwch.

Now then, where'd I put my thinking cap?

And I'm in! Don't think I've ever submitted this early before, but I've been editing for a few hours and I'm scared that I'll rewrite the life out of it.

Thanks for the review, Victoria. :)

First day, and already some good entries. It's going to be a difficult month for voting, again!
Good theme, Cul.

The Kinks' Celluloid Heroes comes to my mind.

I wish my life were a non-stop Hollywood movie show
A fantasy world full of celluloid villains and heroes...

Parson: I think as far as mainstream groups go I prefer the Kingston Trio's version of Sloop John B.

Also, I think bad Twilight story is a tautology rather than an oxymoron. :p
(Apologies to Twilight fans.)

Tautology --- Exactly. Some hours after I wrote that post my brain clicked in and said "What did you write?!" It wasn't an oxymoron. I thought I'd said a "good twilight" story. There you have your oxymoron.

Loved the Kingston Trio, but never heard them sing Sloop John B, bet it was good though.

Back