A question about warging

I just did a quick scan for that part, and you are right, she wasn't actually fighting the kindly man at the time. He was going to sneak up on her and do whatever, but she was able to see through the cats eyes to see who was doing it, and react and be able to hit him. She could have switched back just in time to be able to react, but it does raise the question of what she was doing while the Kindly man was sneaking up on her. I don't think he would have been very impressed if she was sleeping or appeared to be sleeping, unless this happens in the middle of the night.

It seems that Varamyr and others have fought battles while controlling (warging) multiple animals around them. I doubt they would have lasted long in these situations if their human body was lying asleep in the middle of the melee while they controlled a bear or a lion or something to attack someone nearby.

For me it seems self evident that they can split their attention between their self and another to varying degrees (ie see out of the cats eyes while controling her own body).

It seems that Varamyr and others have fought battles while controlling (warging) multiple animals around them. I doubt they would have lasted long in these situations if their human body was lying asleep in the middle of the melee while they controlled a bear or a lion or something to attack someone nearby.

For me it seems self evident that they can split their attention between their self and another to varying degrees (ie see out of the cats eyes while controling her own body).
Right! That's kind of my point. I mean if you're in the heat of battle and all of a sudden you warg into a nearby animal....does your now lifeless body just keep thundering along on a horse and then veer off into a tree? Doesn't really fit.

I think there are, or must be, varying degrees to which you can put yourself into another being. For Bran, it seems like he is putting his whol consiousness into whatever he is warging into. Whereas Varmyr seems to be able to exert a little controll over many animals. It was mentioned that His snow bear revolted everytime he warged into him, OR rode him, so I guess he is able to put just enough of himself into other animals to stop them from eating him.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I don't know that we will ever have it fully explained, unless it's something that Bran will eventually learn.