Slavic mythology

Yes, and Slavic folk and fairy tales, folk songs and children's stories and songs. Please enlighten me on any and all.

gary

<--- right here! Trying to research some and having difficulty finding much of anything.

I'm interested in Russian folklore, though I don't know much about it. To work with, I have the Pantheon paperback of Russian Fairy Tales collected by Afanas'ev, the Random House edition of Russian Folk Tales illustrated by Ivan I. Bilibin, Elizabeth Warner's Russian Myths, a recording of Gliere's Symphony #3 Ilya Muromets, and some odds and ends. If you are interested strictly in Slavic mythology, perhaps only the Warner book would relate closely to the discussion you are interested in starting.

In case anyone looking at this thread hasn't seen Bilibin's art, here are samples.

images
I have this booklet, although I don't read Russian. It was sent to me some years ago by a correspondent in Moscow.

images
images
IvanBilibinVassilisaTheBeau.jpg

Ever read the Russian Stories series by C.J. Cherryh? Good stuff. First books is Rusalka, second is Chernevog, and the third Yvgenie.