In Search of UFOs

Oh well, forget I said anything. (donning black suit) I'll need the negative of those photos please. Stare into the light.
Meanwhile, hovering in a cloud above my town, a saucer waits, waits for 2012 (theme music).
I've no idea, I'll ask the giant Spider if I see it.

But how can anyone verify that's from NASA? That's the issue.

A great deal of the footage is from NASA, I remember seeing most of these clips on the news that NASA had released to the public, I discovered years later that NASA wanted to get the public's reaction to the film clips. The really good (in color & clear) films they won't show us, because of course the don't want to panic people.

But you are slightly correct RJM Corbet, it is getting more difficult for people to know which NASA films are authentic and which are not because of the mutiltude of hoaxers today. I suppose we'll all have to wait for undeniable proof like alien space craft flying low and slow over cities, or beings from elsewhere begin to make frequent appearences to people.

But those examples would still frighten people.

:eek: "AHHHHH! We're being invaded by aliens!"

:eek: "Oh. they're friendly, thank God. They bring beads and shiney things."

Yes, but I think if someone has something real, why should they be shy to say where they got it from. I mean, a posting on You Tube under a username? It's suspicious?

Yes, but I think if someone has something real, why should they be shy to say where they got it from. I mean, a posting on You Tube under a username? It's suspicious?

Some people like to remain an enigma, especially when we know the U.S. government is trying to watch everything we do. When I talk about aliens from elsewhere and related stuff, I'm carefull about what I say.

I like your Spock avatars.

especially when we know the U.S. government is trying to watch everything we do.

MIT Researchers Claim Tin-Foil Hats Don’t Stop Government Mind Control Rays :eek:

foil.jpg

Buzz Aldrin saw lights following the Apollo flight. Buzz Aldrin was a highly trained astronaut and observer. In those days there were no 'passengers' on spaceflights. The astronaut trainees were selected from the very best pilots, and of them, few made it to become astronauts -- and of the top astronauts, three were selected.

Buzz was no man's fool.

Yet whatever he saw that day changed his life so much that he started the 'Institute of Neodic Science', long before the 'new age' phenomenon caught on ...

Okay, I've seen unexplained lights before, but it doesn't mean that they are aliens or even a secret stealth fighter planes. Many of the lights seen in the last few years are actually those Chinese lanterns (basically kites with tea lights attached to them.)

But if, just for one moment, we actual consider that these lights following the Apollo mission were another real spacecraft, has anyone ever muted the most obvious reason:

Time Travel Tourists!

My opinion? The governments are as baffled as we are. Strange objects in the sky? Some are obviously experimental aircraft/technology we're not meant to know about, some are cases of mistaken identity , but quite possibly many are extra-terrestrial in nature. I would guess that there have been the odd incidents of these craft being taken out accidentally or purposefully and the remains whisked away for closer inspection , but I doubt that much of use has been learnt. Even if they hadn't come out and told us , we would have seen significant 'scientific break-throughs' in space travel ; if anything in the last couple of decades we've moved backwards in that respect.

Re: The Russian probe mentioned by Metryq: Lex Parsimoniae tells me that that is undoubtedly the even more obvious answer, but how is it that that has been so unreported? Buzz Aldrin would surely be aware of that?

Re: The Russian probe mentioned by Metryq: Lex Parsimoniae tells me that that is undoubtedly the even more obvious answer, but how is it that that has been so unreported? Buzz Aldrin would surely be aware of that?

True, the U.S. kept a close eye on Russia, just as Russia kept a close eye on the U.S.

Some people like to remain an enigma, especially when we know the U.S. government is trying to watch everything we do. When I talk about aliens from elsewhere and related stuff, I'm carefull about what I say.

I like your Spock avatars.

Thanks, so do I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKZXnmiUTgA&feature=player_detailpage

I found the above video link by one of those coincidences that make you think: not coincidence ...

The link is PROOF that the Mexican Air Force tape you posted earlier in this thread, really WAS taken by the Mexican Air Force and so is definitely not a fake, ok?

Buzz Aldrin would surely be aware of that?

One would think Aldrin would remember Lunik 15, but don't make an appeal to authority. All too often "experts" can be duped, especially by deliberate hoaxes (even though Lunik 15 was not one). We're all human.

Also, none of these sightings occur in a vacuum, if you'll pardon the pun. NASA does not control all of space, or know everything that is going on in high altitude flight. Keep in mind that NASA is a civilian organization as you read this excerpt from Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base

In the mid-1960s, sightings of unidentified flying objects around Area 51 reached unprecedented heights as the A-12 Oxcart flying from Groom Lake was repeatedly mistaken for a UFO. Not since the U-2 had been flying from there were so many UFO reports being dumped on CIA analysts’ desks. The first instance happened only four days after Oxcart’s first official flight, on April 30, 1962. It was a little before 10:00 a.m., and a NASA X-15 rocket plane was making a test flight in the air corridor that ran from Dryden Flight Research Center, in California, to Ely, Nevada, during the same period of time when an A-12 was making a test flight in the vicinity at a different altitude. From inside the X-15 rocket plane, test pilot Joe Walker snapped photographs, a task that was part of his mission flight. The X-15 was not a classified program and NASA often released publicity photographs taken during flights, as they did with Walker’s photographs that day. But NASA had not scrutinized the photos closely before their public release, and officials missed the fact that a tiny “UFO” appeared in the corner of one of Walker’s pictures. In reality, it was the Oxcart, but the press identified it as a UFO. A popular theory among ufologists about why aliens would want to visit Earth in the first place has to do with Earthlings’ sudden advance of technologies beginning with the atomic bomb. For this group, it follows that the X-15—the first manned vehicle to get to the edge of space (the highest X-15 flight was 354,200 feet—almost 67 miles above sea level) would be particularly interesting to beings from outer space.

The "Oxcart" program was later known as the SR-71 "Blackbird," a plane with specifications that would have astounded even professional test pilots at the time. But Oxcart was a "black" project, meaning no one without the requisite "need to know" was aware of it—not Congress, not four-star generals, and there are even black projects the President himself may not know about. Perhaps one of the triangular shapes seen in the NASA montage video above was the "non-existent" Aurora spy plane?

The link is PROOF that the Mexican Air Force tape you posted earlier in this thread, really WAS taken by the Mexican Air Force and so is definitely not a fake, ok?

Cool, thanks for looking into it too. It's good to be skeptical, especially now-a-days with so many people using image creating programs on their computers.

I remember quite well when I saw the entire footage years ago, it was a bit spooky at one point when they were trying to keep up with the strange lights, when suddenly one of the lights broke formation and moved toward the pursuers in a threatening manner, as if to say..."Keep Back!" I noticed that particular segment of the film is usually omitted from the footage when shown on tv.

Time travel is a weird one. What if an alien race captured some virtual reality, thousands of years ago, then put you into it, as if you were living it. Did you just time travel?
Anyway. I like the hunk of stuff, about twenty feet around, that they found floating or beached, that stayed alive for two years. How can stories like that just disappear?

J Riff: "Time travel is a weird one. What if an alien race captured some virtual reality, thousands of years ago, then put you into it, as if you were living it. Did you just time travel?"

Aliens could be from other time periods or dimensons, I don't know, they're so mysterious and don't want to make contact yet.

"Anyway. I like the hunk of stuff, about twenty feet around, that they found floating or beached, that stayed alive for two years. How can stories like that just disappear?"

This would be a good thread for you to create J Riff, strange unknown creatures. I'm only aware of a few of these messy blob-like discoveries from the early 1900's, the photos and news clippings are freaky. A couple of them could be identified as decomposing giant squid or octopus.

250px-Chilean_Blob.jpg

I love books about them, but have never seen any mythical beasts.
I like all animals, I remember seeing a snake ball, thousands of garter snakes boiling out into a gravel pit, a huge ball of snakes waking from hibernation, and that was pretty special.

Back