Nanowrimo

It's a novel writing thingie, isn't it? (Kinda implied in the name, Hoops).

I'm tempted to do my own unofficial one with a script, perhaps.

I've heard of it, but not done it before! Takes me long enough to write a short story!

It's actually quite brilliant because you don't have time to self edit as you go (my biggest problem).

Famous authors write pep talks to keep you pumped about writing, and it is surprising how many top authors have participated in NaNoWriMo. (Sara Gruen wrote Water for Elephants during nano) http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/3141870

Give it a go Mouse. What can it hurt?

I'm just reading about it now. Tempted but not sure if I have time!

I'll probably be signing up for the mad month again this year (this'll make it seven years in a row, believe it or not). Only way I'll get my current WiP finished, I reckon.:p

I'll try it again this year, although I don't have any ideas yet. Last year I made it to a whopping 8k words--which is, after all, about twice what I've ever written before, so I guess that's something. Maybe I can take up where I left off last year.

I think I'm registered as Nautigal over there.

I've tried a couple of times and failed miserably, so I really shouldn't. I haven't written much of anything lately, though, so maybe this would kick me into gear. I'm a 'maybe'...

Excellent, Tillane. Are we writing buddies yet? My username is the same here as there.
We are indeed. I'm on there as robadams.

Horrifying thought #1: assuming I hit the 50k again this year, my latest novel will be at around 180,000 words. And not quite done.:eek:

*runs away screaming*

Sorry, I'm ~70k into my WIP and I daren't commit to a new project. Besides, I've got a filthy cold...

Well, I've signed up. I'm 'Culhwch' over there, somewhat surprisingly. I'm in the process of working out what I'm going to write. Thinking of picking up the threads of one of my many abondoned works, possibly something young adulty, with the word count in mind.

Realistically, if I hit ten grand I'd probably consider it a win...

Yep! I did it in 2006 and 2007, and hit 50k+ each time - then I spent the next two years learning how to turn a NaNo-draft into a publishable novel.

Now that's out the door and doing the rounds, I've given myself permission to start a new project at last. I'm Anne_Lyle on there, if anyone wants to buddy me...

I've set myself up on there as 'digsy'. Got my story worked out and everything! I'm excited!

Though realistically, when the 1st Nov comes around, I'll probably be too lazy to write anything.

I'll be doing NaNo again this year - just re-activated my account this evening. I haven't thought up a storyline yet - but hey, there's a whole 18 days to go yet! :)

Hope to see lots of you over there - particularly those who have been tempted in previous years, but didn't quite make it. :(

It's great fun, honest - and I get about as much written during NaNo as I manage in the other 11 months of the year put together. Of course, the other stuff may make slightly more sense...

I'm Patrick Mahon over there too, in case anyone wants to be a buddy.

I just finished a rough outline of my story...eek, it took over an hour to put the simple thoughts down on the virtual paper. I imagine i won't be around much in November then, as i'll be spending every waking moment writing what should only take a couple hours a day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fiberglass Cyborg Writing Discussion 8
Harpo Writing Discussion 12
A Writing Discussion 22
Phyrebrat Writing Discussion 30
SPoots Writing Discussion 138