It may not be all over...

Though I am older, and a yank, and was mostly already grown up when I...."met"...Neville and Hagrid and Ron and Ludo and the lot, and instead met them all as an undergrad...I could not possibly agree more with the last poster.

And I agree too that Teddy Lupin seems a natural as a future protagonist, for the exact reasons above stated. Or is it just my own desire for more well-plotted, shapely fiction? Either way, I deeply hope she included him and his quietly portentious introduction as a bridge to stories I can someday share with my (!!!) kids.

\:D

Last edited:
I think there shouldn't be any more Potter books . . . they were good, but more would just seem like dragging the whole thing out.

I agree with alot of people here, I think that Harry is finished and any more books would be dragging it out. However, if she could recapture the magic and introduce it in a new generation of Harry Potter stories, I doubt anyone would complain ;) No harm in seeing what she is capable of. . .

She is currently writing a political science, if I am correct in saying so.

I would read any book pertaining to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter solely because of its contents. I grew up with the series (well, I jumped on board when the 6th book came out...). However, I, if I could pick anything in the world for Rowling to write about, I'd pick it to be a vintage story. I want her to discuss Herpo the Foul. He is TOO cool. He was one of the first notable dark wizards, first to hatch a basilisk, and first to create a horcrux (inventing both spells, I believe). And guess what, the basilisk of his creation turns out to be the cause of the destruction of his horcrux.
I WANT ANSWERS AND HARRY POTTER WIKIA HAS NO MORE.

She, in some interview, mentioned that Albus is the child she is most interested in. Did you ever hear that name? Albus-Severus-Potter! I wouldn't mind Teddy's point of view, either.

She should write a muggle book. No magic, nothing.

I'm completely on the opposite side of the fence as most of you, I enjoyed the first few books enough to keep reading and felt that they improved tremendously as the series progressed.

I think if she stays in the world she created and starts different story lines e.g. maybe how they train dragons in Norway (?) or how Dumbledore was a boy like Harry was. Prequels or sequels, it matters not to me. I have to get cracking on all the books as I read s couple out of sequence.

I am a massive fan of the Harry Potter series, I've been reading them since the first book came out and I hope that she doesn't continue the Harry Potter series.

That doesn't mean I don't want her to continue writing about the world. I would like to see something like a compilation of short stories set in the wizarding world from the points of view of other characters, maybe even new characters.

I know for one thing that she is writing something she refers to as "The Scottish Book" (Hamlet reference) which looks like it's going to be some kind of encyclopaedia of Harry's world.

Either way, Harry's story is finished. I know that there are a whole load of possibilities about writing about him as an Auror etc., but honestly, isn't that best left to our imaginations?

JKR has today stated/repeated she has no intention of doing an 8th book. However, she WILL be publishing a load of her background material, including some new stuff created in response to fan questions.

An entire generation has grown up with Harry Potter ...

I'm sure that in say - oh, 10-15 years or so - they might be able to especially relate to a new series, where Harry Potter is a parent with kids? If you needed a big story element, just have someone understand the Deathly Hallows and know where Dumbledore's wand is ...

But there are new films based upon her book "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them," which is set in the Harry Potter universe, and I believe she has written extra material as part of that project. So, I've no doubt that that will find its way into another book soon.

School Reunion 25 years on? It wouldn't be too difficult for a super wizard to bring back all the deceased characters, would it? Of the living, who would be the successful ones - they could all compare cars in the car park.
I'm sure millions would buy it - but almost certainly not me.

Back