Celia Friedman - Coldfire trilogy

Lioness

Has anyone read this, or any of her other books? I'm looking for discussion.
I finished the last book today, having spent the last couple of months going through them (it usually doesn't take so long but I lost one of the books). Loved them, especially the last one.

Anyone else want to offer opinion/discussion.

Didn't recognize the name at first as I am more familiar with it as C.S. Friedman.

I have read that trilogy and I really enjoyed it, have actually been thinking of rereading it here soon. I enjoyed the way she dealt with and sort of redeemed evil.

Ah, that would be C.S. Friedman, then, Ms. Lioness. Thought so, but had to check....

I have the first two books of this series (Black Sun Rising, When True Night Falls, but haven't picked up the 3rd, Crown of Shadows (so far, anyway).

I recall them as decent books, but somewhat plodding in pace. Plodding doesn't bother me if there is some nuance that accompanies the plodding (elegant setting descriptions, intricate inter-character sub-plots, unique analogies in the description of characters in the book) that allows the author's style to stand out. I don't recall seeing much of this (that captivated me, anyway) in the first two books, but it was a long time ago that I read them. In any event, I think this is why I didn't pick up the third, which apparently introduces Tarrant's son.....

Possibly time for a re-read?

*Trembles, contemplating the size of THAT pile!:D*

EDIT: Ooops, sorry Sal! Didn't mean to hog the posting queue.;)