Just over a week!

thepaladin

Holy Knight
The title says it...just over a week to wait. If all goes well i hope to pick it up the day it hits the shelves.

I started to, but they wouldn't ship it till street date, so I'm hoping to get to Borders the day it's released, (like I said, I hope) if all goes well.

Unless there's a drastic change in things - I'll be scooting over to the B&N to snag a copy on Tuesday! *g*

I may have to wait until Wednesday, sometimes referred to as Wodinsday, to get my copy. I will have it read by the end of Thursday, sometimes referred to as Thorsday.

You have to love the Dutch.

:eek: really?

Urban Fantasy and a thoroughly enjoyable series!

Even had a short lived tv show based off of it, although the show really had little consistency with the books. It wasn't bad.

The books are great fun though!

Ya this is a cut above most urban fantasy... Once I came across it I ran down every book. I'd like to give you a discription, but I'd probably not do it justice in short space and might give a spoiler away. Well worth the read.:cool: Oh ya.

Yes, those names for those days of the week come from Nordic myth. They are incorporated into our names of the week via the Dutch and not from Scandanavia. At least, that is how I understood it when I saw the names of those days in the Netherlands. The Dutch had a great deal of influence on our language in the US due to their early colonization of the continent.

I give you Twee and Twentig for two and twenty. hehe

Not heard of this author. SF or fantasy?

I'll tell you that I'm awful at slapping authors under specific headings and categories... but a quick and dirty descriptor of the books:

modern day Chicago
Wizard / Private Detective named Harry Dresden
mystery adventures (typically) - the books are Harry's cases

Yeah - that's the 'quick and dirty' of it. =)

So far we have 10 casefile books, book 11 drops on Tuesday (7 April) and Jim has plans for about 9 more casebooks, then an 'apocalyptic trilogy' as a capstone. *g*

I trust Jim to keep the quality up...so far I think they've been great. I just pray for his health!

It appears that the UK has a later release date, is this true or am I getting my information mixed up?

Typically, releases in the UK come after the initial release in the US. If JB's publisher has a printing outlet in the UK, then it may be closer to the same date as the US. They also tend to have different cover art.

For iinstance Sweet did most if not all of the covers for Robert Jordan's World of Time series. He did not do the ones overseas. They tended to be very different from Sweet's work. Since I am not a fan of his covers with a couple of exceptions, I do not mind that, at all. ;)

Decided not to order it...

Called the local store and having them hold a copy, will pick it up on Tuesday.

Almost here!

Sorry its a different date in the UK, but you do get a lot of great books that we don't get here. I have to browse Amazon.uk to see things I might like there.

It was the same way when I was in Australia, came across all sorts of authors I'd never heard that looked really interesting!