Midnight Tides

The book was finished quite a while ago, actually.

Questions answered by Bantam/Transworld...

Why the delay?

Answer is two-fold 1) On the practical side, this is Steve's biggest - literally - novel to date and in terms of copy-editing, producing page proofs etc. it just takes that much longer and 2) there is no such thing as a rigidly-adhered to publication date - our duty to the author and his/her book is to publish when we consider it best for the author/book from every perspective: sales, PR, competing titles etc - we have to keep an eye on what else we are publishing in any one month, let alone what other publishers have scheduled. The upshot is that we are constantly monitoring our publishing schedules and will move publication dates accordingly if we believe it's in the best interests of the book/author to do so.

Basically, from my reading, Transworld are being lazy:rolleyes:

Yes Cal, I was aware the book had been completed some time ago BUT like you say the publisher seems to be lagging a bit, which is dissapointing for us fans....:( :(

Maybe we should pay Transworld a little visit to help them rearrange their priorities not to mention a face or two OR maybe a visit from Wally & Co. will do the trick...;)

I've still got to re-read Memories of Ice and read the Healthy Dead before this comes out, so it's not that bad for me. I don't think that Erikson's going to slow down his writing - if he keeps this up for a bit longer he could soon surpass Moorcock as the fastest, most prolific fantasy author.

About Reapers Gale - from an advance reader and with spoilers removed ;)

A good character mix of old favourites (a surprise or two here), further development of minor players, and entirely new perspectives, IMHO...some startling revelations of course...it feels like SE, beginning with BH and continuing in RG, is starting to draw the net close, weaving the disparate plot-threads together while still leaving us much to ponder. I've read less than half of this book and I can tell you with complete confidence that the climax to this one will top them all..there's so much going on and so many powers converging, it can't fail to be spectacular
smile.gif

That's all you're getting out of me
smile.gif

I must say I'm a bit perplexed about the RP review considering I understood the books not yet completed unless you're referring to BH?...:confused:

Then again perhaps unedited samples have been sent out in advance, not sure..

I'd assume RP would come out end of 2006/early 2007.

Rahl Windsong said:
Just started Midnight tides and I am wanting to savor it because then, like Gollum said I am at the end of the lnes wating for the next book...
No stress, Book 6 due March 1....:D