Who said that?

My apologies for not checking in since Friday... it's my busy work season.

Sorry, not Robert nor Jorah. Jorah is mayhaps the most obvious choice, while Robert is a very interesting guess. Both of these reveal the minds of fighters who have anticipated death in battle.

Here's a hint. It's a POV character. That narrows the list considerably. So I'll repeat the quote...

"The Dothraki believe the stars are the spirits of the valiant dead."

Since you're a vile trickster I'm going to take a different angle on this and go for someone who isn't connected with the Dothraki/Dany side of things but who might speculate on what the stars are. My guess is Samwell Tarly.

Here's a hint. It's a POV character. That narrows the list considerably.
At first I was wondering if it was a song a little bird sang to a dog and was going to go with said little bird.

Then I noticed this:
Both of these reveal the minds of fighters who have anticipated death in battle.
So, just for giggles, it sounds a bit like something Tyrion might say when scheming.

Tyrion.

I can picture Tyrion on the Wall looking at the stars and I could picture Arya listening to the wolves and gazing into the night sky.... Both are wrong.

Since you liked my guess of Robert and it's a POV, I'll guess Ned?

Neither Ned nor Jon.

"The Dothraki believe the stars are the spirits of the valiant dead."

Hmmmm, someone thinking of stars.... or a valiant death?

Theon is correct. Theon, it rhymes with crayon...

On page 927 of my American paperback, 2000 edition, Theon and Black Lorren are watching the aftermath of Ramsay's surprise attack upon Ser Rodrick.

The crows came in the blue dusk with the evening stars. "The Dothraki believe the stars are the spirits of the valiant dead," Theon said. Maester Luwin had told him that, a long time ago.

Winterfell rhymes with go to hell.

Jaime rhymes with fame.

Lannister rhymes with bannister.

Dornish rhymes with Cornish.

Kvothe rhymes with quoth.

Druss rhymes with moose.

Smeagol rhymes with beagle.

Asha rhymes with Yara.

It's easy...

I may have a tiny feeing I sort of remember when this might have been said.......
Aurane Waters? I have no idea.

Back