Eastercon 2008, Orbital

SJAB - if you're travelling by train from Staffordshire, what journey have you got worked out?

I'm just wondering because trainline says from Wolverhampton, I have to go to reading then take a bus.

My other half has plans to go from Bedford, which will mean me travelling to that parts of the woods the night before, but it all seems very convoluted... I'm hoping to be a bad environmentalist and persuade him to take the van. I think it will be cheaper too.

Bloomin' holiday engineering works!!!:mad:

SJAB - if you're travelling by train from Staffordshire, what journey have you got worked out?

I'm just wondering because trainline says from Wolverhampton, I have to go to reading then take a bus.

My other half has plans to go from Bedford, which will mean me travelling to that parts of the woods the night before, but it all seems very convoluted... I'm hoping to be a bad environmentalist and persuade him to take the van. I think it will be cheaper too.

Bloomin' holiday engineering works!!!:mad:

Donna;

I booked the tickets awhile ago to get them cheaper, then found out about the works on the line.:eek:

Train from Stafford to Birmingham International, then bus to Northampton, then train to Euston, then tube out to Heathrow. Not too bad, but coming back the Monday is a killer. Not travelling alone thankfully. Glasgow two years ago was horrible. Two plus hours on a packed bus from Glasgow to Carlisle, then a stop start train. Took me over 7 hours to get home.

Am back and totally shattered!

Caught up with a lot of old friends, made a few new ones, got a number of books signed, won a signed copy(all the writers included therein) of The Time Pieces Anthology edited by Ian Whates, did some productive networking, and have a daughter that has gone ga-ga as Neil Gaiman spoke for a while to her, as he was drawing a special picture for her .
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
eek.gif

It was a wonderful con and of course the only people I did meet from Chrons was Ian Whates and Donna was there too. Got Ian's books and am pretty shattered too. And of course Mark Robson and I now have all the books of his I need. Yay.

Got books signed and probably ate and drank too much to boot and bought an insane number of books, which will have to be shipped since there is no way they are going to let me get on the plane with that amount of books.

It was a wonderful con and of course the only people I did meet from Chrons was Ian Whates and Donna was there too. Got Ian's books and am pretty shattered too. And of course Mark Robson and I now have all the books of his I need. Yay.

Got books signed and probably ate and drank too much to boot and bought an insane number of books, which will have to be shipped since there is no way they are going to let me get on the plane with that amount of books.
Well I missed you,I was going around looking at badge names so I could say hello but I was not sure what name was on your badge so if you seen me peering at you I was trying to find a name which could have been probably you.:confused:

Still a good con Roll on Northampton for Newcon4.:cool:

Was a great con! Got more books to read :D
Didn't feed the plastic fishes :p
Got signed books.
Had fun in games room.
Met lots of friends agan.
Hotel was a nice maze. A freezing maze though.
Yes.. a good con !

Now that sounds like the Nesa I know...:p

I noticed Neil was there so I presume you said G'day?

Lucky things all of you having China and Neil at the same gig *SIGH*....:(

:) Mark ... I did need them; especially since I'd read two and was lacking the one. Cats may have many lives to be curious in but there are limits. Thanks again.

GOLLUM ... aye I did say G'day. Yes it was good having them both at the same Con. I did however, bring my Beeble Bear named Oberon back on the plane with me. Got some very odd looks but everyone was being too polite to actually ask or say anything. :p