Cowboy Bepop

unclejack

Okay, I hear everyone ravin about the movie cowboy bebop which I haven't seen yet and last night I almost rented it but decided against it. I watched the trailer and it looks pretty good. I guess I'm not ready to take the leap towards watchin somethin that I'm not a hundred percent sure will be worth the money and the time to watch it. I could really use some motivation here, is it really that worth watchin? Lemme know please.

I would say that it's definitely worth it. For a start, it's geared more towards the western audience, and the music is great. The storyline is intelligent enough without being baffling or mystical, the characters are engaging, and the fight/chase scenes are some of the best I've seen in anime. Mind you, I'm one of the biased ones.:)

I didn't even know there was a movie. The show was spectacular from the first episode to the last. It was definitely one of the few bright spots in anime, imho.

It is worth it. I didn't get into it the first time my husband put it on--he was a fan of anime before we met--but after actually sitting down to watch it, I got hooked. It is definitely one of the better anime shows and not typical of so much of anime. A great story with action, humor, and unique characters. Each episode stands alone but there is a deeper story that carries over the whole series.

Edited to add: unlike many other anime series, this is a complete story with a satisfying ending! And the movie was top-notch and true to the series.

I didn't think much of the series when my friend, Mike, was going on about it being good. It didn't look all that appealing to me. However, when I bought my PSP I wanted to buy some new anime movies and expand my taste. So I gave it a go. And I LOVED it! I'm still not sure if I want to try out the series, but the movie is certainly worth it. :)

Edit: As others have said, though I'm not sure if they were talking about the movie or series, the ending is good. Unlike other anime movies, the ending isn't an open one. I can't think of another anime film that didn't have an open ending. They all seem to focus a lot on the "and so life went on and continued" idea. There's never a certain ending. One doesn't even usually know whether the main characters are actually in love or not. It's often open to interpretation!! >_<

The movie AND the series are excellent. I'd highly recommend them both. Best part is, you can still enjoy the movie, even if you haven't seen the series. But after I saw the movie, I bought the series, too!

Go for it!

I didn't even know there was a movie. The show was spectacular from the first episode to the last. It was definitely one of the few bright spots in anime, imho.

The movie takes place between episodes 22 and 23 of the series.

Hi all,
This is my first post. I am a SF and anime fan. I am delighted to know that this forum's members discuss Cowboy Bebop (CB) too.

Personally, CB is the one that makes me hooked to anime. The series is a masterpiece, and the movie is very good. The CB universe is so rich, we can easily imagine "what if I live in the CB universe".

If you ask me, Cowboy Bebop is the best anime ...ever.....seriously. Ok, I don't watch a lot of anime, and what I do is probably pretty mainstream, but I could watch CB over and over and over. I just love their universe, the characters(hello avatar ed), and the music. Oh, and the storeis aren't bad either.

tyr - what is your favorite episode?

BookStop, difficult to answer. I love the funny episodes: "Stray Dog Strut", or "Mushroom Samba". "Speak Like a Child" is not full comedy, but the mismatch between Betamax and VHS videotape was hilarious.

I can answer the easier question: what is my least favorite episode? "Toys in the Attic". I confuse with the story. This episode is gloomy, but comical.

Oh, I also like to watch all Spike's fighting scenes.

Toys in the Attic is my favorite episode, although I do find Mushroom Samba and the other comedic eps close seconds.

My least favorite, although I want to make it clear I still love them, are the eps with Vicious.

I have to agree - I'm not fond of the Vicious episodes either, I much prefer the standalone episodes - but on the whole it's a great show, and I must watch it again sometime.:)

Oh, and I agree, BookStop - Toys in the attic and Mushroom Samba are two of the best episodes in the series. Heavy Metal Queen is another favourite of mine.:)