The Role of the Companion

I liked her but agree with you, how long could it go on. Anyway, just found out my mysterious source may have been the News of the World so I won't hold my breath for Rose to return:)

For Rose to return would be cataclismically bad. Theres only story they could write and it would have to be her turning away from him deliberately, or dying, or hating him... basically it would undo the whole arc of series one and the redemtion of the Dr. Rose should be left as the lost great love of his life - we can have the doctor occationaly mooning over her - but leave her where she is. The only time I ever ever want to see Rose again is if they decided to finally finish Dr who for good and maybe (a little sugary I grant you) let the Dr run off into the Sunset with her.

I did hear that they where leaving it open for Martha to comeback though - I hope she dosent - no offence to freema and infact it was incredible acting becuase I remember that mooning fase over several guys who had been on the reebound.. but seriously I couldnt deal with another series of it - especially when its clear he loved rose - and it would be just baaaaaddddddd to get the dr to fall inlove yet again with another person.

I'm hoping for the 2009 episodes where we simply have 3 long specials rather than a series that one of them is where the Dr has gone a little off the deep end and gone bad - we get the Cybermen, Darlecs and the Master to work with the Assistant to save the Dr :p

Seriously though - lets have a male assistant next - more eye candy for the girls :))

Back