Character Creation Chain

[I don't truck with this '...and her neighbour/boyfriend/sister/mortician was...' trend, so don't take offense.]

The Drakarisal is a carrack-class airship owned and operated by Captain Eldrick Thorne and his capable crew of misfits, both minor and major. Rigged up from front to back with the latest in steam-driven thinking engines, the Drakarisal is at least as sentient as Gerbal, the cabin boy. Drak, as her crew affectionately call her, is quick on the rudder, has an interminably dry-wit, and has a unexplainable fascination with the music of the wind folk of the southern plains - much to the dismay of most her crew, as said music mostly sounds like a coyote having its tail ripped off in a severe windstorm. Still, the crew love the old girl, and she loves them back.

Give'n'Take

[I don't truck with this '...and her neighbour/boyfriend/sister/mortician was...' trend, so don't take offense.]
No offense taken, I gave it only as a guide to help tangalooma. I actually thought more of a dragon, but nice story. No story for this character just answering the post (I would probably made a story about sentient plant that takes care of people that live in it, but have fun yourself)so it's still
Give'n'Take

That's fine. It just seemed to be the way the thread was heading, when it didn't start and wasn't intended that way. To me it's shackling the creativity of the next person, laying out parameters, when this was supposed to be an exercise in flexing creative muscles. Otherwise we might as well just be creating a shared world full of interlinked characters...

Good point, Culhwch.

Give'n'Take

There had never been a pair of twins like Give'n'Take (the names they assumed for themselves). One was a charmer, with his hair kept neat and tidy and who always remembered his manners, and the other was a little rascal, with scraggly hair and rough manners at the best of times. Despite having such different personalities, they got on really well, and eventually went on to work together, becoming the best thieves in the city. Give would charm the target whilst Take would do just that. For a pair of child thieves, they had a record of never getting caught. That was until the new Regent came to power.

Fellstar Dusque

Fellstar Dusque thought she had it all. The job: founder and CEO of Dusque Cosmetics, the third-largest cosmetics firm in the galaxy. The car: a Voltan-Serris Panthera H-X in luminous pink and black. The house: extensive suites on the Golden Nebula Luxury Space Station. The man: Kip Jupiter, B-grade holofilm action man. Okay, perhaps she could stand an upgrade on the man. But altogether, not a bad package. So when the datachit arrived in her in-tray explaining that the Confederation had declared war on the Federation ('Now, which am I in?' she thought for a moment, before the rude shock of the rest of the message...) and that she had been drafted into the Civcorps, she was less than impressed.

Uli ana'K

Uli ana'K
Is the name of highly inteligent shrimp from planet Tupsonian. It became famous when Earth scientist finally made test that shrimps understand. (aka found the way to communicate) And, He/she actually made theory of everything that scientificaly proved that every force in universe is connected. He/she was working on a theory that will enable sophonts around universe to control all forces in nature when it got eaten by scientists goldfish named Babel.

Ruck Vrinimi

Just adding my bit.......

I think you can look at it both ways Culhwch. Yes its inhibiting someones "creative muscles" but I tend to look at it as expanding on someone's previous character, learning more about that character and the characters that follow through the next person's eyes. I don't know how it was originally meant to play out, you would have to ask Taliysa as I think she set up the thread.
I at times like to look at old posts and relate back to them, so to say that we shouldnt' be doing that is inhibiting what creativity I may have!!!
I would have thought its up to each person who submits here to do what they want with it.
Thanks Stormy I liked the Dragon...

Ruck Vrinimi

Ruck had only known one life from the time he was a small child, working in the diamond mines. He had started out pushing out the trucks and now he dug for the diamonds. Ruck worked 18 hours a day and slept the other 6 hours, he knew no other life. He was paid a pittence, so he could never hope to escape his life until one day Ruck returning to his sleeping quarters caught the eye of the diamond owners daughter, Mimi Tyson. In her eyes he was tall, strong and extremely handsome and would be perfect for her new advertising campaign. Mimi owned her own advertising agency and was always on the lookout for new faces. She saw great potential in Ruck....

Loretta Swan

Loretta Swan

Loretta was misunderstood as a child, with fiercely high intelligence; she often played alone. In her teens she revived many of the unknown musical works of Leonardo Da Vinci on the lute and the flute. In her twenties she founded a museum to contain the arms, legs, heads, and other body parts that were missing from statues at many of the famous museums. It was called the "Museum of Natural Mystery", but it never really caught on. She became very attractive as she matured and was known as the face that could launch 944 spaceships. She is now in her thirties, married with two lovely children and lives in Queens, NY.

Jaybone Toussaint

Just adding my bit.......

I think you can look at it both ways Culhwch. Yes its inhibiting someones "creative muscles" but I tend to look at it as expanding on someone's previous character, learning more about that character and the characters that follow through the next person's eyes. I don't know how it was originally meant to play out, you would have to ask Taliysa as I think she set up the thread.
I at times like to look at old posts and relate back to them, so to say that we shouldnt' be doing that is inhibiting what creativity I may have!!!
I would have thought its up to each person who submits here to do what they want with it.

There's nothing stopping you linking back to past characters if you feel you must, but I don't see why the descriptions have to end with '...and his accountant's name was...' I actually stopped contributing to this thread for a time because for a couple of pages it was just two or three people doing just that, and it was far, far too much like the little role-plays that populate the Lounge for my tastes. If you look at the first post the original intention seems self-evident.

Personally, whenever I see posts ending with a lead-in, it makes me go as far as possible from the suggested character....

Jaybone Toussaint is a hitman for the Ox, the most powerful mob boss in all of New Versailles. Standing six feet four inches tall, Jaybone is built like a train that is built like a bigger train. He sports a shaved head, a neat little goatee he dyes silver, and a pair of black thermogoggles that allow him to see despite the fact he has born blind. His favoured weapon is a electro-gauntlet that he weilds to devestating effect, and he has a fondness for stray cats.

Gartan Lonquist

Cul. Its a fair point and whilst I don't necessarily agree, I do respect your opinion and will refrain from leading characters.

Gartan Lonquist

Gartan had what many would consider a dream life. He owned a small but quaint inn on a busy road leading to the township of Quetta. His staff were happy and Gartan's trade was good and very profitable

He downed ales all day with patrons and kept up with local gossip, it was through that gossip that Gartan learned that his former past love was to marry. It was the only sadness in Gartan's life, that he had not had the courage to ask his once lost love to marry him, but now it was to late. Gartan drowed his sorrows in another ale.

Prunella Pennyworth

Gartan Lonquist
Once believed the world to be his oyster, but that was long ago, when he had been but a lad. Rugged with flax like ochre brown hair, he wasn't afraid to give a sly grin when looking at the ladies, the gold band he wore on his wedding finger meant more to him than anything, even more than his wife, it was his mothers ring, the only thing she could afford to give him, before she left. Standing 5'11 broad of shoulder narrow of hip he was pleased with the way he looked and often caught himself smiling at his reflection. Reloading his 12" gauge he stared across the plains at the distant trail of dust, "life ain't all bad" he thought to himself.

tangaloomababe Sorry, your post wasnt there when i started, :(

Isnt it strange how the same person can have a totally different life in an alternate universe

Gartan Lonquist
by
tangaloomababe

Gartan had what many would consider a dream life. He owned a small but quaint inn on a busy road leading to the township of Quetta. His staff were happy and Gartan's trade was good and very profitable

He downed ales all day with patrons and kept up with local gossip, it was through that gossip that Gartan learned that his former past love was to marry. It was the only sadness in Gartan's life, that he had not had the courage to ask his once lost love to marry him, but now it was to late. Gartan drowned his sorrows in another ale.

Prunella Pennyworth

Last edited:
On my mother tongue that is called „inat“, Cuhlwch. It can be described as „urge to do something in spite of someone, or something, usually when that action can have bad consequences for you“. Not that this is the case....

Prunella Pennyworth
was 10 year old daughter of dragonrider that didn’t want to be one. Even though her life was bond with that of her dragons, Warrion, she didn’t like to fly and wanted to be math teacher instead, which was a fact that led her to many arguments with her father, Jonnathan Pennyworth. But, you can’t run from your destiny. When Draera, the immortal harpy attacked the city, girl was at school, learning math, even when building was set on fire. Which was a good thing, since it enabled her to see when Draera gutted Locorus, her father’s dragon. Before Jonnathan Pennyworth could get eaten by a harpy, Prunella called her own dragon with a whistle and flew to help him, making a ball of fire that prevented harpy’s aproach. That made her famous, and battle at school ground later got called by elfen name „Caraikash“ which could be translated as „New warriors rise“ since Dimineleniel and Orion Targar joined the fight on that place too. She never became a math teacher.

Paula Kalorean

When I started this thread, the original intent was to post a name, and then let the person below create a character around that name, finishing with a name of their own for the next person, and so on. It didn't occur to me that it might become a chain in more ways than one, with interlinking characters and histories, as I wasn't sure how successful it would be. (I saw a similar idea on the creative writing section of another forum, and it had only had six posts. The thread had been running for about a year, too. I'm rather pleased to see how creative we are here.)

That said, I don't mind the connected characters, but it makes me a little unwilling to post if I see a name that fits a character in my mind, but one that would not fit in with the current storyline that's being built up throughout the chain. I don't really know what the answer is, so I'll apologise for any contention.

Ok, to resume normal service:

Paula Kalorean

After aquiring her pilot's license at age 17, Paula quickly became the most famous racer in that quadrant. In all of the Galaxy class races, from the outer edges of whichever solar system they were in, she became known as a reckless pilot for her outlandish manoeuvres, but also as the best. When the Milky Way betting company approached her with the suggestion of losing a race on purpose, she set out to not only win, but to do so with style.

Constanzia Aristephon

Constanzia Aristephon

Constanzia was also known as "keeper of the dragons". She was a fierce and powerful woman even when she had no possesions, simply because of her ability to "charm" the dragons. The towns people would lay gifts of food, clothing and blankets at the entrance of her cave every morning to keep her from causing the dragons to terrorize the town. The dragonriders all feared her since she could control even the most loyal dragon with her mystic powers of the mind. Much to her consternation however, she could not control the harpies no matter how she tried. She therefore became indebted to Prunella's dragon, and refrained from perterbing it. Nowadays she meets secretly with Prunella for math lessons.

Lord Henry Quarternine

Constanzia Aristephon

Much to her consternation however, she could not control the harpies no matter how she tried. She therefore became indebted to Prunella's dragon, and refrained from perterbing it.
I don’t get it. I’ve never said that Prunella stopped the harpy, to see what really happened read Draera, page 40 of this thread...

Lord Henry Quarternine

is the name of landowner whose keep, (Quarter torch) was outside Osirian. Bold, brave and blessed with many children (over 15), he was first highborn victim of harpy, thus allowing for city to prepare defences. Surviving witnesses say that he died bravely, on horse, holding lance that passed through harpy’s heart after his charge. All of his children survived.

Tienna Kinstone

TornT: Its is interesting how Gartan's life can be so different through our eyes. Still they could both be Gartan at different times in his life!!!!!
Back to the story at hand................................................................................

Tienna Kinstone

Tienna hated being a child, she could never go anywhere exciting. Her life consisted of school and homework and housework. Her only leisure time was spent reading. Her parents would not allow her to play with other children, but they had their reasons, even if they did not disclose these to Tienna.

At school Tienna tried to make friends but because she was never allowed to bring anyone home nor could she go to visit, friendships became difficult and shortlived.

Much as Tienna loved her parents, she grew to resent them. Tienna's only escape was in books. She read and read. Tienna felt that if she could write a wonderful book, she could leave home and really begin to live.

Marcel

Marcel

Marcel was getting on in years now, and when he looked back on his life he realised that he had the makings of a good story. So he decided to write it all down. In his job as doorman to an exclusive hotel in the city, he had met a lot of people and, as an older (now elderly) man with a trustworthy face, he found that all sorts of people told him their stories and problems. The only problem Marcel had was whether or not to betray their trust.

Sedony Blackstone

Sedony Blackstone

Sedony Blackstone marveled at how winter could bite so deep into the south, her home had never seen snow before. Wolves would soon be moving in she thought. Billowing large clouds of condensation from her hot breath, she decided to get moving even though a rest would be kinder to her. Sedony reached down, lifted her fur lined travel robe and fastened it tightly, not so tight that she couldn’t reach the ivory handled swords that always accompanied her, she stood a moment tugging at sleeves that required a snug fit, sniffed, then left.
Behind her lay five bodies, white snow strewn with blood and limb, five men whose only mistake was to believe one woman was easy prey. There is a groan, one man remains alive, badly wounded, he decides to rest, his fortunes maybe better come the morn'. In the distance wolves appear beneath the tree lines as the first snowflakes fall on sightless eyes.

Mealstrum Avantrak

Last edited:
Mealstrum Avantrak

Would be known as "Mealie" to his friends, if he had any. Mealstrum is afflicted with the gift of the gab, but is unfortunately a complete bore; unable to talk about any topic that does not directly impinge on himself, and prone to derailing conversations with irrelevant details about his own life. Mealstrum is medium brown, and works as an undersecretary in a badly lit room, so as not to waste candles. His secret wish is to disembowel whoever it is that keeps making a mess in the ink cupboard.

Tobie Mercanhower

Last edited:
Tobie Mercanhower
Is a stewart of house Antarion. Sounds cool, right? But there is nothing cool in being the first of servants, general of plates, guy on which master shouts first. That's the reason why he became so angry, why he snapped on wenches and cleaners much more than when he was young. Tobie started to get worried about it. He really wasn't good person as he used to be before, his humour dried of during long 20 years of service, and he would usually end punishing some of his charges for pityfull reasons. Until, during the war of 3 cobblepots, they brought him one small girl as prisoner, to become cleaner. Black of eye, with short raven hair, Nelli Minedi* rarely smiled, but when she did, it seemed like all his worries would go away.
*(see page forty one to understand this hint)
Johny Depptona