Teir

Lost in Thought
The Avatar cartoon started not long ago over here. Although I spose you could classify it as a kids show, I'm LOVIN it lol:) . The concept is a great one. Anyone else seen this? Opinions?

I love, love, love Avatar! Ok, yes, it's a kids show, but it's just so fun and clever. My whole family watches it every week. We are on book 2, Earth, I think. (book 1, water - book 2, earth) What season are you all watching?

Who is your favorite character so far? I'm a big fan of Sokka - he doesn't have any bending powers, but is a good warrior none-the-less (although not as good as he thinks), but he's got some of the best one-liners; just makes me laugh.

For all of y'all who have no idea about the show, here's a link. maybe you'll get hooked on it too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417299/

We are still on book 1 over here Bookstop...started not long ago:)

I absolutely love Avatar. It's just unfortunate that in the UK "bender" means something they weren't intending.

I saw a couple of episodes by accident and I was hooked. I think we're only on Book 1 here though. It all seems water-based right now.

I've only seen the show a few times, but have really enjoyed it when I've seen it. I really like the concept behind the show.

Did you know that in the UK when Nicktoons showed the episode 'The Blind Bandit' in the scene where Toph is first fighting the Boulder one on one I was HORRIFIED to notice Nicktoons edited the scene so you don't actually see The Boulder falling and being forced to do the splits by Tophs first earthbending move. Instead when Toph makes her first earthbending move against The Boulder and The Boulder is about to slip it cuts back to Aangs face and you only hear The Boulders grunt as he slips to the floor, thus cutting out a funny slapstick joke. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING !!! I’m a huge Avatar fan and I taped the episode and only noticed this edit when I rewinded the scene and saw it again. I’ve seen many noticeable cartoons edits in my life but this has to be the dumbest edit ever and for what reason? Were they worried that little kids should not see a person being forced to do the splits? It’s not like she hit him in the, you known where. It’s the Avatar for Pete’s sake there are scenes where giant balls of fire is thrown at people but they're not edited! The edited scene looked silly anyway and they ruined a very popular (and one of my favourite) Toph moments. My little brother hasn’t even seen the unedited version but he could still tell it was edited. I hope they never ever ever do this again. It’s hard enough that we have to wait a while after the USA but this editing is taking the Mickey. It call on every single Avatar fan (UK or non UK) out there to complain to Nicktoon UK (in emails, letters anything) and demand they show the scene unedited. It’s not fair we’re not seeing 100% of an episode an Avatar fan would otherwise see in the USA. If anyone reading this does not know what I am talking about just go to youtube.com there are a lot of music videos dedicated to Toph and you can see the unedited version of that scene.
P.S Sorry I sound too angry I still like Nickelodeon but as you’ve probably guessed it I really really hate edits.

Last edited:
Re: Avatar Editing!!!

Watched Book 1 & 2. I'm now left hanging in the air for Book 3, which is very, very frustrating...

Watched Book 1 & 2. I'm now left hanging in the air for Book 3, which is very, very frustrating...

I'm in the same situation :( .

In my opinion it is a great story. Was hard to stop watching it and to go on later.
I realy liked the character developement of Zuko. It was frustrating to see that he had not
changed after all at the end of book 2.

I'm in the same situation :( .

In my opinion it is a great story. Was hard to stop watching it and to go on later.
I realy liked the character developement of Zuko. It was frustrating to see that he had not
changed after all at the end of book 2.

I absolutely agree with u. It was very disappointing (to say the least) to watch Zuko choose her sister's side. But Zuko's uncle was true to his honour till the end. Now, he is a character worthy of respect...

It is disappointing, but maybe there is still hope for him yet. I imagined Zuko and Kitara forming a couple sometime in the future, so I was really disappointed when she didn't heal him - although, had she, Aang would've been a goner.

Charming, wise Uncle Ihro has always been worthy of respect. I believe all he did for Fire Nation was what he htought honorable at the time. Not his fault his family are power hungry ******

I think Ihro's brother was the one who killed the emperor for the throne; Ihro was definitely the most worthy of the throne, & would surely had got it had it not been for his brother, Ozhai...

I've seen most of Book 1 and a little of Book 2. I bought my little bro Book 1, I should borrow it off him and finish it up :p
I love Air Bending the best.

All the bending skills are good, especially in the hands of an expert, but fire-bending seems to be the best for fighting...

I have seen some episodes, and I like it. I don't know why, but it is just a good concept, and not like the usual trash children are made to watch/subjected to. Can't wait to see how the season ends.