The 4400

Good questions Dave, I hope we get some answers in the next season. It definitely would be interesting to see how it continue.

I specially intrigue about the baby and to see more about the disaster they have to prevent as you mention. I wonder is Collier have something to do with the disaster in some way.

Krystal :p

4400 Gears Up For Year 2

A Second Season is already being filmed...

from Scifi Wire

USA Network's highly rated SF series The 4400 will begin production on its second season soon and returns to the cable network in June, Zap2It reported. The show, about 4,400 people presumed missing or dead who return to Earth looking exactly as they did when they disappeared, is scheduled to premiere June 5.

When it comes back, The 4400 will pick up six months after the events of the first season, with Homeland Security agent Tom Baldwin (Joel Gretsch) having been reinstated to his job and continuing to investigate the returnees with partner Diana Skouris (Jacqueline McKenzie).

Meanwhile, would-be 4400 leader Jordan Collier (Billy Campbell) has published a book about the abductees containing some rather controversial allegations about the group, the site reported.

Other cast members returning for the show's second season include Patrick Flueger (Shawn Farrell), Mahershalalhashbaz Ali (Richard Tyler), Laura Allen (Lily Moore), Chad Faust (Kyle) and Conchita Campbell (Maia).

I watched this and thought it very good. I'm very intrigued about the baby. In the last episode when Lily and her chap drive away you see the trees bending/bowing. Does that mean he/will be someone important?

Patiently waiting for the series to come on again. :)

annette :D

Definitely good news, to see finally a date for it. :D

I think this is being shown again on Sky One starting next week or the week after.

I like the concept, but I had a hard time watching it . . time conflicts and a slow story.

Still I'd love to here more about it.

This is kind of lame to type, but . . could it ever be as epic as "V"?

from Hailing Frequencies #294

June 5, almost a year after the 4,400 abductees first showed up on USA Network, we're getting thirteen episodes of more adventure. Jacqueline McKenzie (Diana Skouris) told SCI FI Wire that the action will take up six months after the events of the first season, with the Department of Homeland Security agents still trying to figure out just what happened to these people: "Everybody is just at the start of this huge process of trying to unravel what's going on with the 4,400, where they've been and why they're back and what they're trying to do with us in the present. And we're trying to work out what messages they're sending us."

The premiere,"Wake-Up Call," will be two hours.
I liked this, so I'll be watching again.

You can count me in too, I enjoyed this series. Keep me up to date when its back on please :)

annette :D

Originally posted by Krystal
I tape it but haven't see it yet. :(

Krystal :cool:

You would like this show Krystal

Sorry I have been gone how have you been

Originally posted by Stryker
Sorry I have been gone how have you been

Well, that make two of us. I have been mostly checking mail for a long time, I have many forums to check out again. :D

I love the 4400, and totally enjoying Season 2. ;)

This is back on Sky One. I just saw the first episode '2.01: Wake Up Call' and I think it was better than last season. I like the way that things have developed forward naturally in the six months we haven't seen on screen.

It also featured Summer Glau (Firefly) in as Tess Dorner, a part remarkably similar to River Tam, and Jeffery Combs (Star Trek) as Kevin Berkoff. His is a recurring character and has an important role this season. I knew that I knew him, but without 'Star Trek' make-up and prosthetics, and playing a mute psychiatric patient, it took me a while to work it out.

The plot has moved on a little, and has become very similar to that of 'Odyssey 5'. For me personally, that is not so good, because I would still rather be watching 'Odyssey 5' than 'The 4400'.

Yeah I enjoyed it too.

Wasnt sure where it was going then the plot came all together right at the end "click" Oh I seeEEEeeeeEEEeee.

Good stuff although Im not too happy with the "child" storyline but I will let it lie for now and see where it goes!!

Ranger

Variety reports that the USA Network has renewed The 4400 for a third season, with thirteen episodes. The show's ratings have been slightly down from the first season, but solid enough to make it the summer's number-one cable show among adults aged 18-49. Billy Campbell, Joel Gretsch and Jacqueline McKenzie are all expected to return, but there are some interesting rumors out there about new characters.
Dante Alighieri and Virgil no doubt?? :)

Dave I hope you watched tonights episode.

At first I was unsure where it was going but I have to say it was a most clever and also a very touching episode.

Great to watch.

Ranger

Tom Baldwin has a tough decision to make when he finds himself in a different world where no one has heard of the 4400.
I did watch it and I was quite taken aback by it. At first I thought they shouldn't do it, that it was playing with their own internal universe too much, but by the end I changed my mind.

It also proves for the first time that the theory of the 4400 being taken to the future and altered before being sent back, in order to change the world, is correct. Up until now that was just speculation.

If he marries Alana after meeting her for a few minutes, how will he explain that?

Once I realised it was an alternate universe sort of thing, and the fact that time was rolling by and he was living his life there I began to think it may be something like ST TNG ep with Picard living the alternate life.

But the end was quite different and I will be interested to see what happens now - they both remember the other life where they had 8 years together. If the idea was that the "future guys" wanted him to have a soul mate he had bonded with I guess 8 years is enough time for them to bond.

Wonder what the disaster is thats about to happen - possibly something to do with Kyle and his lost time I'm guess

BTW Dave - did you see they are re-running Oddesey 5 on Sci Fi Channel - Wednesday nights - I'm gonna watch it all again!

Some big changes in Season 3....

spoilers ahead....

from SciFi Wire

4400 Changes Unveiled

Ira Steven Behr, co-creator of USA Network's SF series The 4400, told SCI FI Wire to expect a new direction in the show's upcoming third season that will focus more on the show's mythology and main characters. He added that a new actress will join the regular cast: Megalyn Echikunwoke.

"We are definitely using the last two episodes of last season, 'The Fifth Page' and 'Mommy's Bosses,' as the engine to drive this season," Behr said in an interview. "In other words, last year we kind of alternated kind of big mythology type of episodes ... [with episodes in which] we'd introduce the 4400, they would have a problem that either affected them or affected society in general, and we would deal with that problem. ... What we're going to be focusing on basically this season [is] bigger sweep. I call it playing big ball rather than little ball. ... I think every story this year will have an impact on our people."

In a spoiler for the upcoming season, Behr also said that Echikunwoke would join the cast, playing an adult version of baby Isabelle.

"Isabelle is no longer that cuddly kid you can hold in your arms, which is, I think, probably great for production," Behr said, referring to the difficulty of working with an infant actor. Echikunwoke will be "a very popular addition to the cast," he added. "The character herself, I think, is going to surprise people. I think people have been arguing about or trying to figure out Isabelle at the end of the miniseries, and I think ... a portion of the audience is going to expect a fastball down the middle with her character, and I think they're going to be surprised. It's going to be more of a ride, more of a discovery, and not so clear-cut where you can say, 'She's the angel' [or] 'She's the devil,' you know? And I think that makes for really nice storytelling."
The 4400 returns with 13 new episodes, starting June 4. USA Network is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM. —Patrick Lee, News Editor

I'll be waiting eagerly for it to appear here in the UK.

annette :)

Back