CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

I've recently just got hooked onto this awesome show, it's such a hidden gem and i can't believe i've only just started watching it in it's third season!

For UK people wanting to check it out - Monday (10pm, Living UK), Tuesday (10pm, Channel 5), Friday (9pm, Living UK).

The basic premise of the show is that there are a group of people in Las Vegas employed in the LVPD crime lab who investigate crimes using science and evidence to create theories.

They are basically scientists with authority, it's a world apart from any other "cop show" i've ever seen, as i'm not usually into that stuff.

Anybody else watch it or willing to give it a try?

YOU CHANGED YOUR USER NAME!!

Ok, about the show, it is pretty good. They show what might have happened, sometimes is in very gross detail. :dead:
I watch it when I can, which is not very often 'cause I work mostly nights.
:blpaw:

lol yes i did! :lol:

I love that sometimes it keeps you guessing, but sometimes shows you what happens and you watch as they try figure it out :) :D

I love CSI. I started watching the reruns last summer, basically because nothing else was on. But I was instantly hooked.
Actually, thanks to CSI, I'm going to major in Criminalistics. And just to clarify that point. That's not my major b/c I'm a fan, because I'm a fan I discovered my major. I've always liked crime. CSI just showed me what part.
I think the show is just great, tho. I've forever complained about other crime and law shows, how it's not their job to go over the crime-scene the way they do. But finally! Somebody created the right show for the job!

Greg is my favorite. He's just annoyingly great! Of the main characters, tho, I like Grissom.
All season are good.
Favorite ep...hmmm......that would have to be "Cats in the Cradle..." Mainly because I love cats, but it's just a really good ep. and the little girl reminds me of the little girl in "The Bad Seed".
I don't have a ship, tho. But I would have to say how sweet it is that Grissom loves Sarah (sorry if love is too strong a word for it, but it's obviously more than like or crush).
Oh, and I also like Dr. Robbins, but that's only b/c I've got the same last name :rolly2:

I can see the Grissom/Sara love too, but i also have a love for Nick/Warrick :) i can't decide whether i like Nick or Warrick more, they're just so different :) i've only been watching it religiously a couple of weeks so i'm not big on the ep names yet, but they're showing all three seasons at the same time at various time slots and different channels, and i have to say that there just hasn't been an ep yet that i've really disliked.

The first few eps of season 1 and the S3 finale really stand out in my mind though :)

I can't really keep all the eps straight in my head. The only one I don't like is the CSI/Miami crossover. Not that it was a bad ep, I just don't like Miami. Horatio is kewl, but the show ticks me off.
I also like the ep with Nick's stalker. The actor who plays the stalker is so great! He's a good bad-guy. But the whole living-in-the-attic thing was interresting.
I always feel so horrible for Grissom with his hearing problem. He tries so hard to hide it, not wanting anyone to know or pity him, but it's got to be hard when the sound fades out and he just has to nod and smile.
Of Nick and Warrik I like Nick. Nick's intriguing, but Warrik just seems so simple with that gambling addiction.

Warrick intrigues me! He's so passionate about everything, needs to learn to overcome his temper and gambling addiction, but he seems like a decent guy! He's not perfect, but i think flaws make for a more interesting and realistic character.

I haven't seem the stalkery one but i've read about in fanfic and stuff (i'm trying to stay away from reviews/ep guides so that i don't spoiler myself too much), it's great watching three seasons at once, i can immerse myself in the show and get a good feel for it!

I'm not sure how i feel about the whole Grissom hearing-loss arc, i've only seen two eps that deal with it so far, but hopefully it will progress his relationships with other people and he can form deeper connections with them.

Hmmm...there's a thought. Maybe I ought to start reading CSI fan-fic. I have this horrible tendancy to read spoilers.
I only ever see the show on Thursday nights, and that's just re-runs from this past season. I wish I could see some from the first season. I don't think I've seen any of them.
I think my all-time favorite thing about the show is the theme-song. I don't like the Who, but I love the song. I downloaded it one time and burned it on to a disk with Mulan Rouge.

It's been fun chatting with you, but I'll have to pick back up later. My sis is insisting I get off.

Yeah the theme tune is pretty catchy!

If you wanted some Grissom/Sara fic the best place is definitely www.grissomandsara.com

CSI is a relatively small/young fandom compared to something like Buffy or Stargate, it's slowly growing but there just aren't that many top quality web sites out there for it yet.

I stopped going to FF.net a while back, the badfics tended to drown out the quality fics :( unless you found some good CSI ones that you could recommend?

I haven't had the chance to check out the CSI fic, yet. I'm typically in the X-Files and FreakyLInks catagories. Yeah, I know, a lot of it is really lame (I hope I can exclude mine in that), but sometimes it's really funny.
I'll go check out CSI and let ya know.

I just read three CSI fics. The first two were busts, but the third is really good. The Importance of Family is pretty good. It centers on Greg. It's only go two chapters and is TBC, but it's still good. Hope helps get faith back in FanFiction.net :cool:

If you know of any other good Greg fic, let me know.

I watched the Pilot, i thought it was so bad (at least compared to the original show) that i couldn't even get to the end of the ep :(

I'm not a big fan of Miami. It just seems a bit too common to me. I tried to watch the premier, but it bored me. Now, I usually only watch it if my sis happens to have it on (she's not a CSI fan, but she prefers Miama outta both of 'em) or if there's just absolutely nothing else on worth watching. Every rare once in a while I do look forward to it, but that's only b/c all the re-runs are still new to me.