the episode are encouraged.
Use spoiler space when talking
about new episodes by doing the
following:

{spoiler} type what you want
to say {/spoiler} replacing
the { } with brackets [ ].
-----------------------------

Phoebe Halliwell and The Bay Mirror are being sued by a woman who claims that Phoebe is destroying her marriage and others as a result of her own bitter divorce. At the same time, Paige is framed in a hit and run incident, and Health Inspectors visit P3 only to find that the Rat Demons are back - thanks to Cole sending them there - and slimier than ever.

The sisters attempt to get bail for Paige, but discover that they will need to give the bondsman the Grant Deed of the manor to do so. Piper doesn't have a good feeling about the deal, and with good reason as the bondsman is actually Cole in disguise. When the Deed is eventually signed over, chaos ensues, as the Manor rests on the Spiritual Nexus, which spreads either good or evil depending on who owns it...

A Frustrating But Great Episode

Cole is getting to be a real big frustrating character. At least for a while Cole in this episode shares his persona with Hannibal Lector, but his truly evil side begins to eat away all sympathy for this character. Perhaps, this is Joss Whedon's intent, but I'd much rather prefer a likeable character who is evil than a stereotypical evil character. There only seems to be a remnant of emotionality left in Cole with love and hate vying for dominance.

I especially liked the shape-shifter who dupes the sisters and even though most storylines would have a hair twirling shape-shifter being caught easily, this episode retains the hair twirling twist with a bit more dramatic, frustrating, but realistic flair. Additionally, Darryl's frustrations are well played out in this episode. The humor in Charmed unlike Buffy (in the most recent episode) retains its bite and smooth, delicious charm. The plot is tight and well thought out.

Charmed remains as fresh, tasteful, and creepily horrifically fun as ever. I'm just sad that Cole's character seems to be one that is sliding for the worse. Perhaps, the relationship of Phoebe and Cole just reflects the stark reality of many relationships in the real world - love and hate, the ending of attachment by one and the lingering smothering, dependence of another.

The fact that Cole is taking a downward spin is the very reason that Julian asked that they write him out of the show beacuse he didn't like what they were doing to him. What started out as a great charcter was turned into a total steriotype and it annoys me to no end that it happened since he was one of my favorite charcters and the reason I started watching in the first place.

Re: A Frustrating But Great Episode

Originally posted by tabuno
... Perhaps, this is Joss Whedon's intent, but I'd much rather prefer a likeable character who is evil than a stereotypical evil character. There only seems to be a remnant of emotionality left in Cole with love and hate vying for dominance.

Joss Whedon? Last I checked he had little to do w/ this show -

I don't think I caught this episode though - was just reading comments and the name there caught me ----

<thinks but can't remember the Charmed creator's name>

Brain Under Attack

You're right. I have Angel/Buffy on the brain.