4.08: I Shrink Therefore I Am

Mysterious Stranger

Gigi's "Spark"
4:08 I Shrink Therefore I Am

Airs August 2nd - Details - "When Moya is taken over by a gang of ruthless bounty hunters, Crichton must team with aubious ally.

Special thanks to Dani at www.farscapeworld.com for the exclusive news!

What a good eppy, one of the better ones this season.

John and Granny are in a transport bringing supplies back to Moya and Granny is really anoying John. When John finally gets through to Pilot, Pilot tells John that everyone is eating except Rygel and Chiana and Sicozu(sp?) are spending quality time together. So of course John knows that something is up.
Some one has invaded Moya and captured everyone except Scorpy(he's hiding). They are looking to collect on the bounty that Grayza has set for the crew of Moya. John get's on board and hides from the bounty hunters. He finds Scorpy and they team up. He also finds 1812 and get's him to activate all the other DRDs. The Bounty hunters have the ability to shrink people and they shrink everyone and stick them in containers that are stored in their armer.
We find out that the head bounty hunter is Scaran and only wants to bring John back to the scarans to be studied. John shrinks the Scaran and steps on him :lol: and then says "Donde esta la cucaracha?" or somethink like that :lol: to funny

I love eppys like this one
:blpaw:

Now I don't want to get off on a rant here but...

Overall, I thought this was a decent enough "filler" eppy. The reason I say this is because not much happens as far as the ongoing storyline this season. We don't learn anything more about Aeryn's pregnancy, John doesn't get any closer to home and the crew is still basically being chased like always.

But, I think this is a good thing. The last few eps have been kinda heavy and we needed a good old fashioned "the crew's in trouble and John is the only one who can save them" show. I enjoyed the little bits of character growth. Such as the brief conversation between Rygel and Sikozu in the "bottle". It was good to see Rygel finally put someone in their place and be the "cool" headed one. And all of John's pop-culture references were pretty funny. The one thing I'm always concerned with when the writers start dropping references is that they'll hit something that doesn't fit in the timeline. John hasn't seen Earth since '99 so he can't mention anything that has happened since then. But they always surprise me. Did anyone else catch the "Evil Dead" ref? John spouts the line from the Necronomicon - something like "klatu barata nectu" I think.

The one thing I think was important about this eppy and the storyline is that John kept using the "dust" that Granny gave him to forget Aeryn. I'm not sure if she's trying to get him hooked or is genuinely concerned about his mental health. And what are the long-term effects of using it? Something to think about.

Next week we get back into the heavy stuff, so this eppy was a welcome relief.

Oh, and how 'bout my boy 1812? What a trooper! I told you guys he was gonna be important.

Later Scapers...!!!

looks like we're gonna have a drug withdrawal epy at some point. :(

I liked this epy very much, I know it's just a filler but it is a break from all this weird stuff that I highly welcome.

I reconized the Evil Dead III quote the second he said it and had a good laugh. This episode was very entertaining in general with John handing Scorpy an empty blasterrifle and Scorpies face when he noticed the rifle was empty was worth a good laugh as well.
Rygel lecturing Shicozu was great too, finaly they showed that he's more than a eating jeark with no spine. Oh and that they did puted him in one paincuff was quite funny as well in my eyes.

The drugproblem ahead can be interesting I guess. Basically John is changing one drug (Aeryn) :D for another (Grannydust). ;) Grannydust sounds good, not as good as Angeldust but good. :D

Quote of the Epy: Nope, this bazooka is empty, you can have it. :D

Hey there (waves)

See, I'm still watching :). Yeah I wanted to say I did enjoy this, it was cute. I do agree it does seem like another one but it always seems like they pull it off being different, I loved them shrinking and just it was really cute and cool. Humours at times, and yeah I agree Texane, first he gets gun ho, trigger happy frelling maniac now he become a snort crack head LOL oh our poor Johnny.

Anyways another great one, and I don't know about you but I'm really liking Chiana right now more then Aeryn.

Aeryn's not high on my list now either. On the other hand, this gives more time to focus on the other characters. :cool:

Re: Now I don't want to get off on a rant here but...

Originally posted by Mysterious Stranger
Did anyone else catch the "Evil Dead" ref? John spouts the line from the Necronomicon - something like "klatu barata nectu" I think.

Y'all do know that the line from Evil Dead III is a quote/copy from the classic SF movie 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' don't ya!

Its the line that gets the Robot Gort on the move !..... maybe I'm just showing my age here, but I remember thinking it was funny when watching Evil Dead that Bruce Campbell said that line cos of the DTESS quote!!

I saw this episode last week and loved it! Most of season four has been pretty heavy, and it’s nice to get a break from that. Also, it’s good to have a reminder that the Scarrens are still looking for John.

I liked the idea of them being shrunk. That’s not something you see everyday, and it was fun watching everyone interact during their imprisonment. D'Argo and Scorpy were great. :)

John kicked butt as always, and his conversations with Scorpius were interesting. I don’t like that he’s so quick to trust him though. After all, he was the one who put Crichton in The Chair, planted that mental clone, and put the crew through a boat load of other stuff over the last few cycles.

I really like how they’ve developed Chiana’s gift, though. I also like that she’s willing to use to it protect the crew. It shows how much she’s grown onboard Moya, and how much she cares about everyone. I think my favorite scene in this ep was when John rolled the capsule she and Aeryn were in across the box and they screamed. I was reading the transcript, and they had it down that Chiana yelled some curse at him for doing this. Maybe I heard it wrong, but I thought she laughed and called ‘Do it again!’ Did I get that wrong?

My view of Aeryn has really changed this season. I don’t like her anymore, and the way she treats Crichton is getting worse and worse. I hope they don’t write her character like this during the next episodes. It's becoming annoying.

Originally posted by H_P_M I'm really liking Chiana right now more then Aeryn.
It is only at this point that Chiana seems to be getting sharper, more helpful, really clueing in in what is going on around her.

Originally posted by Texane
It is only at this point that Chiana seems to be getting sharper, more helpful, really clueing in in what is going on around her.

I think after spending so much time on her own, she realizes just how nice it is to be a team again. Both D'Argo and Rygel seem to be more congenial in this season then they were in season three, too.

Originally posted by Lonewolf89

I think after spending so much time on her own, she realizes just how nice it is to be a team again. Both D'Argo and Rygel seem to be more congenial in this season then they were in season three, too.
I agree. Chiana, in the past, has been running from her own kind who want to, basically, lobotomize her; she's been on the run; her brother is in just as much trouble as she is; and there has been very few allies for them. I think her "ditsy" behavior is part an act and part all of the other heavy duty problems in her life. It took a while for her to come to trust anyone . . . and now Scorpy's on board thanks to Aeryn. :rolleyes: I think Chiana has done quite well.