Return of the King - Extended Edition

The Master™

Science fiction fantasy
Anyone heard whether there is likely to be an Extended Edition released???

Usually the Extended Edition is 5+ months after the Theatrical Release...

Come on folks, I need info!!!

I wanna see if Jackson managed to push the Extended Edition to over 4 hours!!! :eek: :D

I don't know anything about the release date, but I do know that the runtime will be 4 hrs and 10 mins - but I don't know if this includes the Fan Club credits or not.

I'm waiting for the extended edition myself. While I'm waiting I procured a bootleg copy, as I am in no way buying the current published edition.:(

I think I agree with Brian. As far as I remember the other Extended Editions were also released in November 2002 and 2003. I'd think it logical for the third one to come out in November 2004...

Previously, they were advertised on Amazon just after release of the Theatrical Edition...

Oh well, guess I'll wait a couple of months and try again...

I'm sure I've seen a November date somewhere - and was surprised that there was going to be such a gap between release of the theatrical version, and extended version - but I guess it's very much a part of trying to tap into the Christmas markets. Also, the theatrical version has had a relatively much earlier DVD release than the others, so far as I'm aware.

With the way I'm going I'll replace all the VHS tapes with DVD.

I'm also still waiting for the Star Trek series to be released.

Some have been already, but I'm waiting for them to lower in price.

I've just read that the extended version will have an extra hour of footage so add 60 minutes to the theatrical version and you have the length of the extended one.

I'm under the impression that it was filmed, but simply not included in the theatrical version. I would be extremely surprised if this were not true.

I just love the rumour mill... I heard that they were going to include scenes with Saruman (which Christopher Lee was peeved at being cut from the Theatrical Version)...

I would say let's wait a little more so after the box set of the extented version is on sale, so then we can enjoy the film as well as save our wallet from flattering.

I found a link to the 4 disc collectors edition, its near the bottom of this search:

[link removed!]

And the shop have a release date of 22/11/04!

Back