The Real Ghostbusters

imported_Sandman

confused
Does anyone remember the old series The Real Ghostbusters?
I really miss it and I was just wondering if it faded off into death or if someone else here remembers it. *sniff*
Some of you folks might be too young. Course there were reruns on for awhile. And then there was The Extreme Ghostbusters, too.

Just curious and reminiscent don't mind me

I remember it!
Don't worry, you ain't alone Sandman! :D

Slimmer used to annoy me in the cartoon series.

I remember they used to dance down a street or something like that at the end, then slimmer got in the way and they all slipped over on the slim.

.... weird the things you remember :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Sandman
And then of course there's Egon's hair:p

Lol, who could forget that crazy style!:rolly2:

What was the receptionist called again?

Janine Melnitz of Brooklyn. With the accent to prove it.:D

She had the coolest glasses. Or so i thought when i was a kid:lol:

All I remember about this cartoon was that, although the characters had the same names as the ghostbusters team from the movies, they couldn't make the characters actually look like Bill Murray, Harold Ramis etc - the reason they couldn't was apparently because they would then have to pay the actors for the use of their likenesses.....

The Real Ghostbusters also looked a great deal younger than their movie counterparts. Can't say that I mind. I liked cute little Ray:lol:

I remember this show! When I was little, I would watch it all the time, like ReBoot and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Slimer was awesome. He sort of reminded me of Shaggy and Scooby Doo, because he was always frightened.

Like the new Ghostbusters avvy Sandman :D

I actually bought the film on dvd last week.
The ghost in the library used to really scare me!!

i used to watch the show all the time! my brother had the car/ambulance! my mom hated it b/c of the noise it made, but i loved it!

He he :lol:

I had (and possibly still have:erm: ) the RGB Playdough set. 'Course my sister ate all the playdough...:evil:

Originally posted by Sandman
my sister ate all the playdough...:evil:

I used to do that. I thought it tasted good. :rolleyes:

I remember a neighbour used to have the ghostbuster's car.
I think you used to be able to get really cool toys with slim and stuff.

They should make another ghostbusters film.
With all the special fx and computer animation, it would look V cool! :cool:

I can just about remember this series as I used to watch it every now & then myself

i remember the series very well it was on a year or 2 ago on CITV i think. but you do realise that if they make a new film they will probabaly make a new cartoon that will effectively ruin the nostalgic quality of the old one

There's been talk of a 3rd movie for years. I read a review of the proposed script (I believe it was penned by Dan Aykroyd); it sounded really boring and ran quite parrallel to the cartoon "Extreme Ghostbusters"--you know, indoctrining in a newer, younger version of the GBs. Venkmen only had a cameo in it. Overall, hope they don't make a new movie or even a new cartoon series. Let's not beat the franchise to death.:p Of course, if they wanted to re-run the RGB cartoon on Cartoon Network or something, well, heck, I certainly wouldn't object.;)