What was the last movie you saw?

Thor. Great fun little flick. Went and saw it in 3D at Gold Class, which is just the only way to catch flick on the silver screen.

Madeo. Nominated for best foreign film at the Satellite's. This was a great film, though felt too similar to the directors previous effort Memories of Murder

I bought Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 1 and Tron Legacy on BD and so glad I did. These are my fave movies of the year to date but still need to check out the mid year cinema releases.

Thor: Prefered the comics.

Saw it in 3D. I thought it was too dark not particularly suited to 3D.

Why can't they just film the original series without the 'modern interpretations'.

It was just the prologue to the next film, I'll give that a miss.

THE KING'S SPEECH
Surprisingly good! Firth did the part well, also Timothy Spall as Churchill!
But it was Australian Jeffrey Rush that did it for me- such an underrated and under used actor!

Fantastic Four Watched while drunk as hell. on tv. watched on tv, not drunk on tv. duh... although taht would be cool.

story: five astronauts go into space. spaceship blown to pieaces by cosmitc radiation. astronerds turn to superheroes. except hte dude inside hte spasceship, sealed from the rest. he's sealed himself in the inside of the ship, yet ends up a villain and more powerful than any of the others? riiiiight...

it's not all bad, though. asctually it's pretty good. it doesn't care about the comics it's based on, so the whole origin thingy is all new. even so, it's now as bad as I feared. I mean the characters and uniforms are pretty close to the comics, and they live in a tower. for that matter, the villain is Victor von Doom, just like in the comics. Von Doom looks a lot like he's suppposed to in the end, after a somewhat long transformation. but hey, it's an origin movie, so what do you expect?

all in all, it surprised me. I hated it the first time, but the second time it's not that bad. but I'm drunk, so what do I know. :p and it's far better than the sequel. take silver surfer, one of the most powerful creatures in the entire universe. remove his surf board, and he's suddenly powerless? and let them all fight Galactus, except "a big robot in space is stupid, so let's turn him into a fog"? seriously? so let me review both movies right here and now.

Fantastic Four: 7/10
Fantastic Bore 2: don't bother

Se7en
Engaging as always, and now one of the most fantastic looking films I've seen on the blu-ray format. This one just slays...:D

I rarely sit and watch a film all in one go, unless I'm actually at the cinema. I tend to get bored and distracted (unless they're really good) so...

Finally got round to watching the end of Despicable Me. I watched the first half hour a few weeks ago, watched the last part yesterday. It was all right, actually. The little minions were quite funny.

Then I watched the start of Tangled (went out with the dog, did some housework...) then watched the end of it. And again, it was all right but it kinda felt like something was missing. Plus I hated that the bloke was called Eugene. I mean, it's not even funny.

Oh yeah, then I started watching The Matrix last night on telly, but I've seen it a dozen times already so I went to bed.

I picked up Windtalkers at the library before noting that the director was John Woo. The story wasn't bad, but it was the predictable orgy of bullets and explosions. Many movies these days have so many visual effects shots that the work load must be spread amongst several post houses. John Woo films require the services of several pyro effects houses—kind of a "five alarm fire" deal.

Blood Simple Zhang Yimou's take on the Coen Brothers film has his trademark sumptuous visuals and a nice vein of humour running through it. Worth a watch in my opinion:)

Cronos by Guillermo Del Toro and Yojimbo by Kurosawa, re-watches but now on lovely blu-ray. Also watched the director's commentary on the silly but very fun Hitchcock spoof Charade.

Afterlife - a bit of an odd mystery movie about dead people waking up in a funeral parlour and discussing how they should be buried etc.

Paranormal Activity 2 - Not as good as the first with recycled scares from the first movie. This one lost it's believability.

The Green Hornet - pretty poor for an action cominc flick, but much funnier than most comic book gero films. A few cool moments (like the first Kato fight) but mostly a bit rubbish, Christopher Waltz (from Inglorious Basterds) was good as the villain, but not a great film.
Another Year - Mike Leigh film, a bit slow and depressing really, he has a talent for realistic dialogue and believable characters, but the film itself was a bit slow and depressing, if I saw it right the moral of the story is 'have a varied and fulfilling life or you might end up sad and lonely' not exactly a revelation.

Gentlemen Broncos
Good for a few laughs: 4/5

Thor
Didn't care for it, at all: 2.5/5

She
Stupid title for a decent movie. We're talking Peter Cushing and two friends on a journey to find a lost city, Ursula Andress as "She Who Must Be Obeyed" and sir Christopher Lee as her bodyguard. It's a slow movie, but pretty good and well worth sitting through for the... interesting... ending. Not quite what I expected.
Verdict: 7.5/10

The Crow
I admit I'm not the correct person to review this one. First of all, I have a big poster of The Crow in my bedroom. Second, I borrowed the soundtrack from a friend, then bought it from him since I didn't bother look for it in the stores. It's by far my favorite soundtrack of all times.

I'm not quite sure what it is that makes it so great, but it's near perfect. The music is perfect. The actors perfect. The violence is pretty awesome, yet never takes front seat. I mean it's a violent movie that doesn't focus on violence, if that makes any sense. Basically he and his wife was attacked on Halloween. He got killed. She got raped and died on the way to the hospital. One year later, a crow brings his soul back so he can get revenge. It's really violent, but I can't help feeling his sorrow the whole time. And the ending... god, it's beautiful...
Verdict: 10/10

The Crow 2: City of Angels
This time a father looses his son and dies. Then he returns to avenge his son, or some crap like that. It's nothing like the first one, yet it rips off the first one with every change it gets. It's not horribly bad, just... meh. It has it's moments from time to time, but it pales in comparion to the first one.
Verdict: 5/10

The Crow 3: Salvation
No. No, no, no. Enough is enough!!!!!
Verdict: 1/10

The Crow 4: Wicked Prayer
It has Tara Reid on the cast list. 'nough said. :D

Source Code: I had high hopes for this one, and was not let down. There were some slight gripes, but overall a fantastic little film that didn't overstay it's welcome.

Gnomeo & Juliet
: I was really expecting this to be crap, but for essentially a family movie, I enjoyed it. Not award winning by a long shot, but an enjoyable popcorn flick.

I enjoyed Source Code too Diggler - saw it awhile back

Watched Planet 51 - was a bit predictable but the animation was amazing