What was the last movie you saw?

Watched the Elizabeth Taylor/Richard Burton Cleopatra yesterday - still an amazing spectacle after forty-five years...

Watched Into The Wild. It was weird because i liked the idea and the nature in the film but not the guy himself, found him very arrogant and so find it hard to sympathise. Also saw Junebug, really liked that and Science of Sleep sort of liked that too. Then had CGI withdrawal and watched Transformers.

I just watched Lady in the Water and was bitterly disapointed. A very disjointed poorly directed badly lit mess. I didnt even rate the cast who i felt struggled with a from what I could see a script that was half finished and poorly conceved.

I normally like Mr Shaylums films but this one was a great disapointment, he normally takes the natural world and puts a spin on it and fills his films with wonder and darkness that comes with the Human condition. this film was not up to his usual standard.
:(

I actually liked Unbreakable Wy and the Village was a brilliant piece of cinmematography, moody atmospheric, I felt the dialouge seemed to capture the feeling of underlying paranoia and claustraphobia, the twist while mildly obvious was satifying. Unbreakable was moody but deeply powerful.

I felt I was left wanting by unbreakable- I thought it needed more like it finished too soon, I didn't mind the village , I really didn't like signs but I am not sure if it was more to do with Mel Gibson than anything else but I have wanted to see the lady in the water. Still I think he just set the bar too high for himself with Sixth Sense.

The Sixth Sense wasa great, but I haven't been overly impressed since. The Village and Unbreakable were both ok, and Signs had an interesting quality that made it highly watchable for me. Unfortunately, Lady inthe Water was not very good, and The Happening was complete rubbish. By the end of that movie I was feeling quite ambivalent toward Mark Wahlberg. Love him usually, but if the movie had gone on much longer with his whiney expression I think I would've ended up hating the actor (which is not cool - not his fault, script just bad).

What book was The Village based off of - I can't remember, even though my daughter and I both read it just a few years ago - it's driving me crazy

I didnt know it was based on a book! Probably why I thought it was so good. I agree mostly with you, the script was weak, I seem to remmber the Village was in part improvised? Could be wrong, but I think the cast carried it, it could have been awful but the cast were up to making the script work.;)

I remember there being a big kerfuffle when The Village was released regarding its similarities to a book called Running Out of Time by Margaret Haddix, but I think Shyamalan is still insisting his movie was an original idea. Could be wrong, though.;)

Oh, and for the record I've only liked the two movies of his - Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.

I remember there being a big kerfuffle when The Village was released regarding its similarities to a book called Running Out of Time by Margaret Haddix, but I think Shyamalan is still insisting his movie was an original idea. Could be wrong, though.;)

That was it! There were minor differences. There was no monster, girl wasn't blind....I think everything else was pretty close. Thanks, that was drivin me nuts, not being able to scrape the danged name out of my tired old brain.

:DWanted came out on dvd yesterday, and we were lucky enough to get the last copy on the shelf. Watched it already too - just as entertaining as I rememer.

King Arthur, the Clive Owen one.
I just think Ray Winston rules in this movie.

Prefered Excalibur, yeah it's eighties cheese and everyone hams it up like a Full English Brekkie But there's some great faces and cameos (Liam Neeson, Patrick Stewart, Helen Mirren and Gabriel Bryne).

It's got a legendary, theatrical quality despite being completely anachronistic and Arthur's conception, with Uther wearing his full plate to bed...ouch!

Can't go wrong with a bit of Ray Winstone though...'I'm a cockney...I'm a cockney...apples and pears'...*shuffles off*

We Own the Night which was pretty average and The Incredible Hulk which was about the same although I did like that even though it's not a direct sequel to Hulk it still pretty much takes the story up from there and doesn't go back to retell the origins.