What was the last movie you saw?

Saw [Rec], a Spanish horror movie that takes a reality show style shaky cam perspective on a contagious virus spreading through a quarantined apartment building that turns its victims to blood-crazed animals that attack the other human beings. It takes chunks from Romero's Crazies and NoLD and Neil Marshall's The Descent,and is pretty effective and claustrophobically scary in the first third but I thought that the rest of the film suffers somewhat from not having many more ideas and being predictable enough to even estimate in which approximate frame the next zombie pop-up will occur. Not that its ever bad, but I'd give this a 3/5 than an unreserved thumbs up.

Apparently it is to have the mandatory crappy Hollywood remake, called Quarantine.

I've got [Rec] on order, sounds better than some of the zombie movies I've seen. Will have to avoid Quarantine like a plague-infested zombie.

Watched the latest Indy on Sunday at the Uk's first Cinema De Lux(Derby), the film was ok.

The cinema was sommat else though, I plumped for the Directors Hall and enjoyed a nice beverage in the Lounge, the theatre was great, waiter service, leather seats, cracking sound.

Saw Over Her Dead Body last night with Paul Rudd, Lake Bell, and Eva Longoria Parker. Was better than I thought it would be. In fact, we all really enjoyed it. The kids loved it too, although I should point out is is rated PG-13 and has a couple inappropriate moments.

Indiana Jones & the Crystal Skull. I guess it was pretty fun, and the effects were unreal, and I liked Shia LaBeouf; but there were a couple of really frustrating things about it. Still, as I said, quite fun.

Originally posted by Lady of Winterfell

Watched Lars and the Real Girl. Interesting movie, and I love Ryan Gosling, he did an excellent job

I saw this a couple of days ago also Lady, very interesting, I laughed and felt sad and all other emotions, most interesting.

Last night though I watched Before the Devil knows your dead and I really liked this movie, excellent, well worth a watch.

Indiana Jones & the Crystal Skull. I guess it was pretty fun, and the effects were unreal, and I liked Shia LaBeouf; but there were a couple of really frustrating things about it. Still, as I said, quite fun.

I guess Ill see that one on DVD. I like Indiana Jones movies, but that babbling little man-child LaBeouf drives me a little nuts.

if repost,sorry for that

THE STORY OF THE WEEPING CAMEL:
no plot,no SFX,no CGI,but stunning nonetheless.
Seeing is believing.
It hovers between documentary and movie,and in the end you realize the distinction is irrelevant with movies like this
I don't do synopses,but:
a mother camel rejects her young.
The tribe of indigenous people that is portrayed in this movie depend on camels,like Indians used to depend on the buffalo,and Laps on reindeer.
(it's not clear if they consider the rejection a bad omen).
The services of a musician are called upon*,but he's far away from where the nomadic tribe is now.
So a quest ensues.

apparently they believe in the magical powers of music

as some of you may have gathered,i don't particularly care for what Hollywoo spits out 80 % of the time.
This is about as far away from Hollywood as you can get
Famous actors in this movie: NOne,of course

Constantine,with Keanu Reevs and Rachel Weisz.
I thought it was pretty good.
rent it,by all means

Yeah sure if you dont know the John Constantine Alan Moore created.

When i read in interview with Keanu that they wouldnt get the sequal made i was as happy as a little kid on christmas :D

I dont mind the americanization of everything in the movie too. I would like this movie if it was an actor who could act instead the eternaly stiff Keanu....

Saw the first 3 episodes of The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., which are pretty fun overall, even if the MacGuffin of the orb is being abused by the plot writers and the dialog is less consistent in its wit than I'd have liked it.

Red Planet

My theory for how this movie got made:

Someone read Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars Trilogy and thought "Hey there's a movie in this". Deciding to do some extra research they watched Pitch Black, Short Circuit and the Lost in Space movie back to back. At 5pm they turned off the DVD player, at 5:07pm they forwarded the final script to production.

IMO you could use something like the Mars Trilogy as either the basis or the background for a fairly decent sci-fi movie but Red Planet misses it by an absolutely incredible amount.

I thought James Cameron was going to do something at the time Red Planet and the other Mars stinker, Mission to Mars, came out, but alas it did not materialise.

Last night I watched Pan's Labyrinth and thought it was very good, tho Mrs Foyle found it to grim to watch.

On my last biz trip I watched Golden Compass on the hotel's in house movie system. When I checked out they didn't charge me for it. The hotel reception staff must have realised it was a stinker and it would be embarrassing to charge anyone for it.

Seriously, I thought it was a bit absurd, particularly the lame characterisations of the demons and the bear and the cold fish (sorry I meant Nicole Kidman). The experimentation on the children was ripped of from The City of Lost Children, which is a fantastic movie. Oh well, filled in a boring night.

Gully you are right about The golden Compas, its a shocker, even with Daniel Craig in it, I kind of lost interest in it half way through and starting skipping bits it was so tedious but Pan's Labyrinth is a different movie altogether, it was fantastic.
Tonight we went to see the new Indy movie, I thought it alright, maybe not the best thing I have ever seen but still it was like catching up with old friends, we are both that bit older and slower. The ending sort of lost it for me, but the rest was not to bad.

Sunshine

Well, I started to watch it, at least. For some reason, I couldn't get into it. I'll have to give it another try, possibly when I'm in a better frame of mind for watching films.