What was the last movie you saw?

Watched Downfall last night, one of the best films I've seen in a long time. Bruno Ganz is absolutely mesmerizing as Hitler, and the film as a whole is a fascinating insight into the death spasms of the Third Reich. It's not without its flaws; the ending is a bit of a historical fudge and some of the minor characters are treated more sympathetically than they perhaps deserved (particularly Ernst-Gunther Schenck) but overall it was an impressive, sobering piece of film making.

Saw Forbidden Kingdom, the Jackie Chan - Jet Li starrer which sucked significantly less than I feared it would. IN fact it's a breezy not-taking-itself-too-seriously if also never remarkable poprcorn movie with some decently staged fight scenes. The best of these of course is the duel between Chan and Li which comes midway in the movie. Had it been made by Tsui Hark some 10 years ago when both the kung fu meisters were nearer to their peak, this could have been something really special.

Just watched Iron Man at the cinema. It was really good. The actiony bits were great, but it wasn't SMASH all the way through, it had some nice slow, subtle bits, too. I enjoyed it.

Not SMASH all the time was great IMO. Some superhero movies these days are 90 mins action scenes. It gets tiring.

This actually had good story,acting to make it. Many hail it as the best marvel superhero since Spiderman 2. I do too.

Downey Jr got Iron Man/Stark perfectly, i should know i have read him in the comics.

It was a good origin story, which is why the small amount of action was good. It was about telling who Stark is.

Plus you cant say that fight scene in Gulmira wasnt cooler than 99% of superhero movies ;)

Just watched The Thing on DVD. What can I say,its a classic,and if you've not seen it I highly recommend it. But then I love John Carpenter films. Anyone reckon there could be an overdue sequel? I've also read the original John Campbell story Who Goes There,class! Alan Dean Foster later did the novelisation,also not bad.

Saw Forbidden Kingdom, the Jackie Chan - Jet Li starrer which sucked significantly less than I feared it would. IN fact it's a breezy not-taking-itself-too-seriously if also never remarkable poprcorn movie with some decently staged fight scenes. The best of these of course is the duel between Chan and Li which comes midway in the movie.

I saw Forbidden Kingdom too. Agreed with Ravenus for the best fighting scene of the movie. The story is so stereotype, you can guess almost the whole story plot.

Just watched Raiders of the Lost Ark on BBC1 - possibly the worst print that I've ever seen of the film - all crackly, and thin vertical white lines...
But still the best Indy film, IMAO.:D

Saw Harold & Kumar 2 (Escape from Guantanamo Bay [or something similar]).

Even if you're into stoner comedies, wait for the DVD because it's basically the same story/jokes as the first movie. Not that there wasn't a bit of originality in this, but I wasn't laughing nearly as hard as when I saw the first one in theatres. (Maybe my smoking 'tabacky' wasn't as good as it was the first time around.) :p

Stardust, Good movie and I enjoyed it a lot more then I thought I would.

Yes it was good, looking forward to meeting Neil tonight. I'll see if there's another film on the horizon, I heard Good Omens may be a goer.

EDIT: I saw the first 2 episodes of The Crow:Stairway To Heaven TV series (22 episodes) and I thought it was quite well done. Having commentary added made it omre interesting to view.

Watching Jason and the Argonauts (1963)...

Harry Harryhausen rocks...:D

Watched that earlier on today, Py. Great film - and I still love those skeletons.:cool:

Saw Howard Hawks' 1946 film version of Raymond Chandler's novel The Big Sleep. The script which uses a lot of Chandler's original dialog is smart and brisk, but I personally felt the film suffered a bit from not having a stronger emotional focus on the moral decay described in the novel.