What was the last movie you saw?

1: Life On The Limit (2013)
A compelling and highly recommended documentary on the history and evolution of safety in Formula One. Of course, it’s only interesting if you’re a fan of the sport.

I watched Bye, Bye Barry on Prime TV. If you are an "American" football fan, especially one like me, who always loved Barry Sanders this was a wonderful documentary. ---- Barry Sanders was arguably the most talented running back to every carry a football. To say he was dazzling is to make light of his abilities. He was an absolute unicorn of a running back. And then just as he was about to break all of the career running back records, while still clearly the best running back in the game and not injured, he retires. I'd never heard much at all about the reasons, and now all these years later this filmmaker got him and his family to talk about it. And it all makes sense!

Avoid --- Not Recommended --- Flawed --- Okay --- Good --- Recommended --- Shouldn’t be Missed

Watched it the other night. There are scenes that I wish I could unsee, but are now burned onto my consciousness. That said it was brilliantly acted from the whole cast. It looked absolutely gorgeous and the soundtrack is fab. Barry Keoghan makes for a brilliant villain.
Don't give it away for folks who haven't seen it !

Dumb money (2023).
Based on the anti-wall street trading on Gamestop in 2020-21. Excellent film! Particularly if you like such as the Facebook or blackberry based films.

The Cat o' Nine Tails (1971) In a crime mystery / horror story, at a high-tech medical research institute, a break-in had occurred, yet, nothing was stolen. The title refers to the various lines of investigation that all must be pursued in order to find the answer. The research is in genetics, and had found a genetic trait that was associated with criminals.

Carlo Giordani (James Franciscus) is a reporter, who begins working with Franco Arnò (Karl Malden) himself an ex-investigative reporter, retired because he became blind, but whose wealth of experience aid Giordani in his own work.

I thought this was at least o.k., but Dario Argento, who directed it, thought poorly of it.

The Way of the Dragon (1972) A Chinese man Tang Lung (Bruce Lee) comes to Italy to help his friends fight against those who want to forcibly obtain their property. As expected, he has several fights.

8/10

BILLION DOLLAR BRAIN - 1966 - It snowed so I had to watch a snow movie. After my first watch of this years ago I learned Donald Sutherland was in it (and the voice of the computer) but only this time did I realize Michael Caine was being offered an orange by an adolescent Susan George.
I thought she looked familiar.
The tone of Harry Palmer movies is more serious than James Bond --there's no "nudge nudge wink wink" which I think harms 007 films--it always takes me out of the story. I can't take them seriously. There's humor here as well but it is more subtle. As the bespectacled, shabbily-dressed secret agent he is not exactly heroic--I don't know if he actually does anything of importance in these films--it seems like he is always at the mercy of others who save him from a demise or move the action forward. He's just there to watch. The Ipcress File I have seen the least so I should rewatch that one of these days.

The Cat o' Nine Tails (1971) In a crime mystery / horror story, at a high-tech medical research institute, a break-in had occurred, yet, nothing was stolen. The title refers to the various lines of investigation that all must be pursued in order to find the answer. The research is in genetics, and had found a genetic trait that was associated with criminals.

Carlo Giordani (James Franciscus) is a reporter, who begins working with Franco Arnò (Karl Malden) himself an ex-investigative reporter, retired because he became blind, but whose wealth of experience aid Giordani in his own work.

I thought this was at least o.k., but Dario Argento, who directed it, thought poorly of it.
I liked this one. Cat O'Nine Tails

I also have the sneaky suspicion that I saw it quite a long time ago, maybe as an edited for network television movie.

Gojira (1954): The one that started it all, and yet a far, far cry from the majority of the franchise. Somehow I hadn't seen it up until very recently, but it still largely holds up. Obviously it's dated visually (it's quite obvious that the vehicles are toys getting smashed), but it's otherwise as effective a piece of entertainment today as it was back when it was released.

The black-and-white is a huge benefit, especially during the nighttime rampage. I dunno, man, there's just something otherworldly and horrifying that the lack of color adds to the scenes of destruction, with streetlights and fires providing whitened glimpses into the black smoke and night sky.

Gojira (1954): The one that started it all, and yet a far, far cry from the majority of the franchise. Somehow I hadn't seen it up until very recently, but it still largely holds up. Obviously it's dated visually (it's quite obvious that the vehicles are toys getting smashed), but it's otherwise as effective a piece of entertainment today as it was back when it was released.

The black-and-white is a huge benefit, especially during the nighttime rampage. I dunno, man, there's just something otherworldly and horrifying that the lack of color adds to the scenes of destruction, with streetlights and fires providing whitened glimpses into the black smoke and night sky.
I recorded was was listed as Godzilla, but was instead Gojira. TCM goofed. I wanted to see the version with the ex-heavy Raymond Burr in it. I watched the entire Gojira series last year, enjoyed it very much. I one watches carefully, it is obvious these military trucks are running on slots. :giggle:

Election Daze (1943) The (Our) Gang is holding an election, and innocent, though they may be, the candidates resort to buying votes. Neither Spanky nor Alfalfa appear here, but Mickey (Bobby [Robert] Blake) as one of the two candidates.

TMNT: Mutant Mayhem

A lot of fun! A different take on the origin of the turtles, and a very unique animation style. If you are a fan, well worth a watch.

The Cat o' Nine Tails (1971)

I haven't watched it in a while and since the last movie I watched had Karl Malden too..
It's ok--good characters and spooky moments. The resolution is a little underwhelming for some reason.
I think Hal Linden did the voice of the police inspector--sure sounded like him and I know he did dubbing for Japanese movies around that time.

About to finish The Sect (1991)
A really weird cult horror about... I've no idea what. But it has Herbert Lom as a man who won't die, an evil looking stork and a white rabbit that is able to use a TV remote. Yea its pretty far out there

I will be attending the 49th Case Western Reserve University Science Fiction Movie Marathon from January 19 through January 21 with friends. It lasts for approximately 30 hours, Many of the movies are deliberately cheesy, interspersed with some classics. A bunch of us usually arrive about eight hours early to be first in line, get prime seats, and to play cards with fellow long timers.
The marathon is the longest standing event of its kind in the USA. I have been attending thirty nine years. Tactics to increase enjoyment include planning which movies to sleep through as that way you do not fall asleep during something that you were looking forward to. -And -to not over indulge in food, for similar reasons.
Anyway. Here is the schedule:
Friday. Jan19.
8:00 PM Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. (2023)
10:10 Alphville. (1965)
Saturday, January 20.
12:05 Surprise 1
1:55 Cube, (1997)
3:40 Zardoz (1974)
5:40 Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941)
8:05 Invaders From Mars (1953)
9:40 The Three Stooges Meet Hercules. (1962)
11:25 Interstellar. (2014)
2:30 Surprise 2
5:00 The Satellite Girl and the Milk Cow. (2014)
6:45. A
Boy and His Dog (1975)
8:00 Surprise 3
11:05 Satellite City. (2023)

Unfortunately I can't offer accommodations to any out-of-towners who are geeky enough to have an interest in attending. We're already putting up four in our little place. Should you have any questions, ask. It would be nice to meet some of you.