What book are you reading right now? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well - I'm almost finished w/ reading "Storm Front" for the 2nd time --

I might pick up my Laurell K. Hamilton book again after this and see if I can get through it ----

Got halfway through 'The Heart of Myrial' but I had to take it back to the librairy. cool plot, a bit confusing with a lot of characters all popping up all over the place, but quite a good fantasy read.
:flash:

I finished my 2nd run through "Storm Front" and read "Little Things" - a BTVS-based novella - not bad (much better than "Pretty Maids All in a Row") --

and now I'm working on my 2nd run through "Fool Moon"

I had to take my library books back :crying: o well I'll get them out another time. ok it' ain't exactly sci-fi but I'm reading a book on Genetics inbetween readong one on Ecology. yay!
:flash:

I'm reading Prophecy by Elizabeth Haydon, the sequel to Rhapsody. It's an entertaining fantasy story.

Well, I'm still working on my 2nd run through "Fool Moon" (someone else please read the Dresden Files! then come chat about them in the tiny little thread in the books section - it's no fun talking to oneself)

but - a book I ordered came yesterday, so I've read about 5 chapters of that one -- "These Our Actors" - a BTVS based novel that was recommended after I mentioned how much of a sleeper "Pretty Maids All in a Row" was (btw - do NOT read "PMAiaR" - it's BAD) --

So - I'm working on two books now --- both VERY good!

I'm currently reading the 4th book in the Left Behind series, SOul Harvest, and I'm reading Stranger in a Strange Land by Hienland.

arrrrgghhhhhh. I am reading a variety of uni books - "just and unjust Wars", "Theories of International Relations", "New Ideas from Dead Economists".

My brain is melting!!!!!!

I stalled part way into D-Day and now I've lost my place (it was a few months ago, once school starts I am ashamed to admit that my reading suffers) So I've given it rest with intention to go back soon but I am currently reading through 'Gods of Ancient Egypt' by Barbara Watterson. I bought it while I was on holiday in York (a wonderful city) I gave it a brief read when I bought it but I am going through it now, good book, I'd recommend it for anyone interested in the subject :)

I've also been reading 'History Today' magazine, the BBC History Magazine and the Anceint Egypt magazine, great stuff :)

Finished "These Our Actors" - it was qutie good! A fast read - the co-authors kept up the action -

And, I'm still working on "Fool Moon" - the 2nd read - about 2/3 the way through - I should be done soon if my fic writing doesn't keep me tied up --

Now reading Beowulf. An Anglo Saxon peotic story about the Danes, translated into English (Grendal and such like, some of you may have heard of it)

I'd heard of the story for many years but I'd never read it, I found it in the school library and got it at once, it's very good :)

Now on Wild Blue by Stephen E Ambrose.

I've finished Beowolf, it was very good and I got it done pretty quickly by my standards (one of very few up sides to computer problems ;) )

Finished up 2nd read through "Fool Moon" and have moved on to "Grave Peril" for it's 2nd read through -

Well, stopped at pg 166 of "Grave Peril" -- so I could loan the book to a friend -

and am currently reading -book one of the "Unseen" trilogy - BtVS / AtS book series x-over -- "The Burning"

It's not great - lots and lots of superfluous diversions into nothing-land just to make the book longer -- but, I'm sliding through -- just to see what happens --

"These Our Actors" was much better ----

Finished "The Burning", now on "Door to Alternity" - and oh geez - it's not much better -- man - if someone would just DO something in one of these books --- gah! moping-jealous Riley and weirdo-witch Willow - just not cutting it -

Oh - and in the 1st book - they had Spike so out of character it wasn't even funny ---

(someone tell me again, why I'm reading these?)

Data: Stranger in a Strange Land is one of Hienlein's best books. As for the bible, when I'm looking for the meaning of it all, I tend to stretch for the King James.

H2 - (someone tell me again, why I'm reading these?)

Because you are a glutton for punishment and Dark Angel?:wink2:

Originally posted by ray gower
Because you are a glutton for punishment and Dark Angel?:wink2:

These are Buffy, ray --- but - I suppose the rest of your assessment could be correct - :D

Actually - I'm just scanning the pages looking for the Spike parts (which really aren't getting any better)

Status
Not open for further replies.