5.22: Revelations

There are hundreds and thousands, millions of morons all struggling to get through life, to understand. If anybody wants to learn to think, to use the spoilers properly, it's always nice to be in demand.

I thought that his face looked like empty space, kinda like ablack hole.

Thank you , Thank you , Thank you !!
You're the best !!!
Finally I got it!
hehehe:rolly2:

Ok, anyone have any bright ideas about how you would get this idea [ spoiler ] [/ spoiler ] across without spaces and without this
stupidity is a curse, and everyone's infected
happening?

On the whole, an excellent episode that renewed my faith in the series.

Originally posted by BC Rommie :D
how stupid are he asgard they should have fired on anubis ass and rid the galaxy of him once for all

Of course they would and should have, they can't afford to be fighting wars on two fronts -- replicators and the Emperor Palpatine... sorry, Anubis as well.

I would have much preferred a cliffhanger. They really should have stopped the episode before the final adverts, it was going so well up to that point, it finished off much too easily for me. Osirus convieniently has to send the other ships to attack WU, the Asgard Freya comes to the rescue of SG-1, and the android they found is now helping the Asgard to defeat the replicators. Everyone is happy, and Daniel is back, even if he is only a ventilation malfunction.

At least we found out lots of answers about the Asgard which I had been asking. A bit X-File-ish though. I have wanted to know about them since they first appeared.

All the comments about the Ringwraith... sorry, Anubis being Apophis, I hadn't considered that, and it may be wishful thinking by those people, but nothing here would say it wasn't true. He has got hold of some powerful technology, and who knows what it could have achieved. But it does seem that Anubis is more well known, and more feared among the other Goa'uld than Apophis ever was.

There was a big shippy moment for all the shippers -- watch Jack's face when he has to walk through Sam's projection!

NP Lisasg1 :)

Ermm.......

I dunno, maybe the admin could put a short tutorial that didn't use the BB Code? Or one of us who can get some free webspace.....?

Of coarse we could just write up something explaining how to do what we did....saying no spaces here etc etc....:errrr:

--------

Back on topic ;)

Good points there Dave..... I agree the Ep. did seem to end a little 'happy-ever after for the good-guys' and, even though a 6 month wait for the 2nd part would have drove me insane, it would have been better then the rushed out version we got ... :rolleyes:

To all the folk who have suddenly discovered that they can put grey spoilers in.... congratulations.... but enough already! This thread IS for Revelations and anyone who comes to it will probably find spoilers here, so most who don't want to know will kinda guess this and not bother to read the thread until they have seen it and want to post a review or opinion. Those who do read it, must surely wish to be spoiled.

If you're really concerned about spoiling someone else's viewing, then you can just put 'spoiler' in the subject line. Then it's up to them whether they go further, isn't it?

On the other hand..... if you visit any of the other threads, then put your spoiler warnings in if it refers to an episode, because many people visit those threads who haven't even got as far as Season Four never mind Season Five.

And Anubis? Okay, well, I hadn't quite viewed him as a little Gnome..... but he certainly came over as that.... I was reminded of the Ringwraiths and half expected Frodo to come leaping in behind him brandishing his little Orc detecting sword!

Actually, I thought the characters with him were a much dodgier looking bunch of geezers than Anubis himself was.

Plenty of little moments in this one of course..... and I loved Dave's description of Daniel being a malfunction in the ventilation system. However.... one puzzling thought occurs....

If Daniel has ascended to a higher plane of existence.... wtf is he doing hanging around Cheyenne Mountain and are the primarily American PTB trying to tell us all that Colorado and a military installation is actually a higher plane of existence?

Well.... bloody hell..... who the heck would have figured that one out? Maybe St Sam of Cheyenne Mountain isn't so far from the truth after all..... Perhaps god really does live in America!

Some parts I liked...... some I didn't..... I guess I need to watch it again because I am not sure. Like Dave I think maybe it should have been a cliffhanger.

The one thing which was very moving throughout the episode was Sam's (and also therefore, Amanda's) genuine distress every time Daniel was brought into it. I also thought that her little discourse with Teal'c was very moving.... and Jack's deliberate hardnosed stance over it was so typical of a soldier who had seen comrades die many times, as was Sam's very typical reaction of puzzled anger and distress to his lack of emotion.

I think that Anubis shouldn't be a little squit of a gnome, but a tall imposing creature, a la the Egyptian mode. I really really hope that he won't be a rubber faced monster under that cloak, but have a horrible feeling that this is exactly what he is.

More monsters..... is this what we all really need?

I'd like to see more monsters, there was such a build up to see what Anubis looked like, and technically he didn't have a face, he looked like outer space, or the black oil from The X Files.

Down with Goa'uld! Spoiler?

I think more Goa'uld should die!
I am sick of the kids gloves treatment for fear of hurting the host. Screw the host! Each one is a like a hundred Hitlers for crying out loud! Why must we always try to get the Symbiote out?
I think We should act like the TOMB episode more. The crazy Russian throws a wimpy gernade. (I say wimpy gernade becuse the blast did nothing.) Now the shield does not stop a slow moving object. Once inside the shield it (the shield) contains the blast. It was ruthless with no regard for the so called host.

Down with Osiris! I think In Revelations Osiris is going to torture and kill Thor! She would be SG1's arch-nemisis then. I am sick of Apophis. Let them (and MS) start to look for Jobs. hehe

Anni - I thought you would have really liked this episode, seeing as you often mentiond how the show had no menace and mystery any more. I'll post a more in-Depth review tomorrow, but for now: Tichenor outdone himself on the CG Asgard. Well done especially on a TV shows budget. I was wanting Anubis to be wearing the same Jackal helmet that the personal Guard of Ra wore, however, the Cloak was a better option than actually showing a Human face. it gives him a more godlike presence, something that The Goa'uld are supposed to be. <G> I wasn't really expecting much. Usually these types of Episodes are over hyped and people get too excited about them, people get caught up in all the hoop-la of an episode. Their expectations soar too high and they get an Episode that isn't quite what they envisioned. Well I decided to play the pessimist and I got one of the most enjoyable episodes of the season, in fact of the entire series.

To answer one of the posts about the Goa'uld dying........ what on earth do you think has been happening to them in the past episodes then? Maybe you and I have been watching two different shows, but the Goa'uld in my show have been dropping like flies at the hands of SG1. So I am puzzled by your comment.

Indiana...... I didn't dislike it really. I am just not sure and I think this has to do more with my enjoyment of the show being spoiled in past episodes and Seasons. I am a little jaded about the whole thing now, even the cloaked Anubis didn't affect me. Maybe it's just too little too late for me. They caught my interest in the very beginning of the show and then slowly crushed the life out of it. Now I just look at Anubis, the Goa'uld and Osiris etc and think, okay so we all know that YOU guys are going to bite the dust to satisfy the rabid mass of fans who want a happy ending. Like the poster I replied to above. I can't explain it.

I like my Sci Fi to be thought provoking...to explore the what ifs.... to leave things with a question over them. Things that make you ponder and wonder. This show doesn't do that for me. It entices you with things that you know could and should be better, it raises silly questions to which you don't want to know the answer, like the shippiness stuff. I'm not explaining myself very well, but something is sadly missing and i am too tired to sit and give it too much thought really. I look at all the fuss over one character leaving the show and think..... really it shouldn't matter all that much..... and I don't mean the grief portrayed by the characters.... I mean the extreme grief portrayed by the fans which has been taken totally out of context. And the producers etc have pandered to popular fan opinion by inferring that this guy is hanging around now protecting SG1. Which leads me to believe that the Goa'uld will be defeated with the help of a ghostly entity.

Too damn simple.... not thought provoking enough..... and

If I wanted bloody rubber faced, knobbly, horrific monsters, I would go and watch Andromeda or one of the other shows which believes that we're all children being scared of the monster in the cupboard. I like my enemies to be intelligent.

I will try to think about this and post another review, but in all honesty, I watched this and sighed, because I know that it's just going to be a good versus evil thing and will have a happy ending. Because that's the PC thing to do. And most American TV shows do the PC thing because they have no choice. The baddies can't be seen to be getting one over on the goodies even slightly at the end. It has to be Goodies=Yayyyyyyy and Baddies=Booooooooo because this is what entertains most people. And this gives a skewed view of what really happens in the world.

Well, I think I can see where you're coming from on this, Anni.

Although you object to fans taking Danny's 'Tod und Verklaerung' too much to heart, they're absolutely right in lamenting his loss and wanting him back - as I do.

It's really nattered me because he's the one around whom the intelligent plots which you - and I - prefer, revolve. Dr. Jackson is one of the original characters from the film - a 'sine qua non' for both the film and the series.

We are now left with three military characters (with military minds...) and nothing to provide the counter-balance of objectivity. This reduces plot options to goodie humans v. baddie goa'uld and N.I.D. conspiracies - oh woe! :mad: And I really don't thing Jonas Quinn - as a character - has the weight required to restore the lost balance.

Thinking on, the only character likely to supply a little leaven to the mix is Maybourne, now that he's left the service and developed a character ;)

Just my two penn'orth - or three :D

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

Originally posted by lisasg1
Thank you , Thank you , Thank you !!
You're the best !!!
Finally I got it!
hehehe:rolly2:

You'r a DUMB kid, a REAL dumb kid.

Originally posted by Anni
I like my Sci Fi to be thought provoking...to explore the what ifs.... to leave things with a question over them. Things that make you ponder and wonder.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! DON'T do that to Stargate. The last thing we want is an X-Files clone!! We want to see more exploration, not more conspiracies!!:mad:

Originally posted by Hatshepsut
Thinking on, the only character likely to supply a little leaven to the mix is Maybourne, now that he's left the service and developed a character

Yes please, when can Maybourne join SG-1, he has his references and uniform and everything !

Originally posted by leprykawn

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! DON'T do that to Stargate. The last thing we want is an X-Files clone!! We want to see more exploration, not more conspiracies!!:mad:

You miss the point, and that is *balance*.

Too much of anything gets boring. Imagine your favourite meal, then imagine eating nothing else but, for the rest of your life :eek:

Right now, we've still got the beef, but we're missing the Stroganov sauce :mad:

Then again, consider who are the ones who keep getting tied up in conspiracy plots and who was the one whose curiosity kept leading him off the beaten track to explore the unexplored...?

"I wish he'd stop doing that!" (O'Neill, as Daniel wanders off on his own - yet again - at the beginning of 'Need')

I tell you, we've just lost a crucial character. :(

Best wishes,
Hatshepsut :wave:
--

possible spoilers??

Someone mentioned in this thread(?) that Emporer Palpatine
( i.e. Anubis) could be a Goul'ad-ed version of some new (from the viewer's perspective) alien race. Maybe he's an Ancient. Maybe , after all their searching , the Ancients have made it bak to their own universe (i.e. it was suggested that they had embarked on an alternate reality exploration, and have since been unable to return to this reality) and one of them got taken host by Palpatine/Anubis...

This would tie in with the final season idea -> now they can resolve the "Who built the Stargate / Stargate network" question., and finally meet the ancients. Then again Anubis's messed-up face is not how i envisioged (spelling?) the Ancients to look like...

Originally posted by Anni
I am a little jaded about the whole thing now, even the cloaked Anubis didn't affect me. Maybe it's just too little too late for me. They caught my interest in the very beginning of the show and then slowly crushed the life out of it.
..My thoughts too Anni..:cool: The show has just gone down the toilet ...FLUSH!!!