Ron Moore talks series V

stripe

Sovs Favorite Moderator
Fingers crossed ..:)

He`s heard the Birth of the Federation rumors too
Author: AntonyF
Date: 12/6/00

Space.com proudly claims "Exclusive: Ron Moore Confirms `Birth of the Federation`" when in actual fact the ex-DS9 producer has just been hearing things, like the rest of us, and clarifies "That`s the word around the studio, but I haven’t heard that from anyone on the show." However Ron Moore does know his stuff, and this rumor has now been heard from more than one source. Whether it`s to throw us off the scent or it`s actually the truth, only time will tell.

He also talks about whether the franchise could benefit from the break that they writers` and actors` strike could cause. "I don`t know about a strike benefiting anybody particularly. It needs a time out to creatively sit back and reassess. But that [needs to be] a deliberate choice to say, "Okay, I`m going to set this thing down and walk away from it and go do something else and then I`m going to come back and pick it up again." Whereas a strike is saying, "Okay, I`m marking time but I know what I`m doing and when are we going to get back in production?"

He also talks about the Trek movies, but nothing of his current projects such as Roswell.