- Apr 23, 2004
1. Star Trek - Characters are flat and one-dimensional.
1. Blake's 7 - Characters are very complex and three-dimensional.
2. Star Trek - The Federation is (supposedly) good.
2. Blake's 7 - The Federation is evil.
3. Star Trek - The dialogue is hokey, cheesy, and corny.
3. Blake's 7 - The dialogue is clever, witty, and humorous.
4. Star Trek - Transporters are commonplace.
4. Blake's 7 - Transporters are amazing.
5. Star Trek - Stand by your friends.
5. Blake's 7 - Stand behind your friends.
6. Star Trek - Characters always use time travel to fix all their mistakes in their lives.
6. Blake's 7 - There is no time travel in the B7 universe, all characters deal with the consequences of their actions, for better or worse.
7. Star Trek - Major characters die and are resurrected, hence, the actors become typecasted.
7. Blake's 7 - Major characters die and the actors move on to bigger and better things.
8. Star Trek - Computers have zero personalities.
8. Blake's 7 - Computers have quirks, perks, and pet-peeves.
9. Star Trek - Characters are fully devoted to the Federation, with an innate desire to help other people from the goodness of their hearts.
9. Blake's 7 - Characters look out for one another for mutual advantage by escaping from the Federation with their hide intact, and make a few bucks on the side.
10. Star Trek - Humanitarianism is applied to practical daily life.
10. Blake's 7 - Wealth is the only reality.
11. Star Trek - High morals make fine Federation officers.
11. Blake's 7 - Greed makes very efficient Federation troopers.
12. Star Trek - Running away is an act of cowardice.
12. Blake's 7 - Strategic withdrawal is running away, but with dignity.
13. Star Trek - Modesty is a sign of maturity and good character.
13. Blake's 7 - Modesty is dishonesty.
14. Star Trek - Civilization has always depended on truth.
14. Blake's 7 - Civlization has always depended on courtesy, rather than truth.
15. Star Trek - Assassination is considered unethical and apalling.
15. Blake's 7 - Assassination has always been a legimate tool of statecraft and is pubicly accepted.
16. Star Trek - Good deeds are always rewarded.
16. Blake's 7 - No good deeds go unpunished.
17. Star Trek - Self-sacrifice is a highly noble trait.
17. Blake's 7 - Self-preservation is highly noble trait.
18. Star Trek - Winning means surviving.
18. Blake's 7 - If winning means dying, choose losing every time.
19. Star Trek - Good is always favored over evil.
19. Blake's 7 - Choosing the lesser evil of the two is the best option.
20. Star Trek - Saving someone's life is viewed as a heroic gesture.
20. Blake's 7 - Saving someone's life is sometimes viewed as a big mistake.
21. Star Trek - Friendship can be as good as a handshake.
21. Blake's 7 - Friendship can be as good as a handshake in one hand, and a hammer in the other.
22. Star Trek - The Enterprise encounters an alien civilization and destroys it in the name of Freedom, Truth, Justice, and the American Way.
22. Blake’s 7 - The Liberator encounters an alien civilization and destroys it in self defense.
23. Star Trek - Stories are solved within an hour.
23. Blake’s 7 - Stories are solved within several episodes, and sometimes leave many unresolved issues.
24. Star Trek - The humor on the show has always been spoon-fed.
24. Blake’s 7 - The humor on the show has always been sharp and subtle.
25. Star Trek - The tone of the show is naive and geeky.
25. Blake’s 7 - The tone of the show is dark and cynical.
Anyone care to add anything here?