Mort...HELP!

disc_novice

Hey there guys...

At the moment I'm rehearsing for a production of MORT, adapted by Stephen Briggs. I'm playing the role of Ysabell and I have had no previous background knowledge of her as I haven't read any Discworld novels (apart from now, obviously, MORT). What are your perceptions of Ysabell and how would you expect her to be portrayed on stage?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Disc_novice xxx

Mort was, I think, the first book where Ysabell was mentioned, so there is practically no background knowledge :D

I really liked her in the book - she seemed sort of snobbish being Death's daughter, but at the same time romantic and with a sense of humour.

Ysabell appears briefly in The Light Fantastic, where she confronts our heroes, but is mainly seen in retrospect (She dies at the beginning of Soul Music along with Mort). Her most abiding features are that she has been sixteen for several centuries and her favourite dessert was "Genocide by Chocolate". Picture teenage angst turned up until the knob fell off, a craving for romances ending in suicide pacts and a hint of too many chocolates, along with a slightly spoiled but VERY strong personality.

one of those soppy people who see's the world as a giant romance novel ( as a young person) wearing lots of white and pink and trying to be girly even though it jsut doesn't work.