The Burning Stone (with Andre Norton)

Rahl Windsong

Last of the Windsong Clan
I just got The Burning Stone in the mail from amazon.ca and I can not find any reference to Andre Norton what so ever, so how come the Bibilography here states (with Andre Norton)?

I think I forgot just how good this series really is I am now in reading heaven! :D

Rahl

The reason is that Kate Elliott didn't collaborate with Andre Norton on The Burning Stone or any other book. In preparing bibliographies for this site I know that some of our moderators consult Fantastic Fiction, which in many ways is a great source, but given to occasional inaccuracies. Since lots of other sites get their information from Fantastic Fiction, the mistakes get repeated again and again -- people think they are seeing a fact verified by more than one source, they naturally assume that the information is good, but it all traces back to the same place.

I'm surprised that Kate/Alis didn't catch the mistake when she looked at her bibliography here -- also surprised that I didn't catch it -- but I do know that it is a mistake. When Ms. Norton died, I came across a reference to this same supposed collaboration and wrote to Alis to ask her about it (I've known her since the late 80's and felt sure I would have heard from her about anything as exciting as working on a project with Andre Norton). She confirmed what I already knew, that her only collaboration ever was with Melanie Rawn and Jennifer Roberson for The Golden Key.

It's a shame it didn't haev any input from Andre Nroton. I emember reading a lot of her books years ago and quite enjoying them.

Esioul said:
It's a shame it didn't haev any input from Andre Nroton. I emember reading a lot of her books years ago and quite enjoying them.

Aye well that may be true but this series by Kate Elliott is very good and stands on its own, at least in my opinion, as one of my favorite fantasy series of all time.

It is indeed very a good and enjoyable read. Though I am not trying to say Andre Norton could not have made a significant contribution to A Crown of Stars. However I will say that this is Kate's story and that is just fine by me.

Rahl