Brienna's "Last" word

The Wandering Septon is also a possibility for a rescue since after Brienne's capture, he just kind of disappears. If he is really a man of the Faith, he would not let them hang Brienne and company since they did not break any of the Gods' laws and the Septon knows this. GRRM has spent alot of time on Brienne and put her through hell. Sure, her presence goes a long way in the redemption of Jaime but there has to be a greater purpose. I know most of you think she's dead but I cannot accept that fate yet. Besides, she's one of my favourite characters.

I don'T think Brienne is dead either. Its just a goofy way to kill a character. Why have her say anything at all? If she is going to be dead why not go ahead and kill her beyond a shadow of a doubt? There is already a cliffhanger with Ayra's blindness. He didn't need another one. He could have just tied it up nicely if thats what he wanted.

The word, in my estimation, could be the key to introducing a new POV.

We know for instance that Thoros now has doubts about his mission. And the girl, Jeyne Heddle, who looked after Brienne's wounds seems interesting. What if the word convinced them of Brienne's innocence and Stoneheart's vile attitude? Perhaps Thoros or Jeyne might take up where Brienne left off...

Double post! Sorry.

Tiggers tend to bounce around... sometimes in the same spot.

TK-421 said:
The Wandering Septon is also a possibility for a rescue since after Brienne's capture, he just kind of disappears. If he is really a man of the

Ah ha!!! But I reckon the wandering Septon became the High Septon... I am sure there is a line about how the new High Septon (who locks up Cersei) doesn't wear shoes, and sells the crystal crown to buy food.

You can never be too sure of time lines... but I am fairly sure that's where the wandering septon ended up!
Regards,
Dyffeg

dyffeg said:
Ah ha!!! But I reckon the wandering Septon became the High Septon... I am sure there is a line about how the new High Septon (who locks up Cersei) doesn't wear shoes, and sells the crystal crown to buy food.

You can never be too sure of time lines... but I am fairly sure that's where the wandering septon ended up!
Regards,
Dyffeg

Yes, that theory has been put forward but I just don't buy the timing. It seems like the Brienne POV and the Cersei POV are happening at about the same time and I find it difficult to accept that the Septon would just abandon Brienne to her death. Especially to something that probably goes against the laws of the Faith and is administered by Thoros, a Red Priest. Don't forget the new High Septon is an ultra-zealous thumper for the Seven and to allow the blasphemy of what Beris, Stoneheart and Thoros have done and are doing to continue would not make sense to me. I'm hoping the Wandering Septon has some other part to play here.

What Brienne screams must be related to the only thing UnCat would react to- her kids, and I think it has to do more with Arya than Sansa.

What if Brienne screams "Frey!" Would that get Stoneheart's attention, if Brienne swore to kill Lord Frey?

Boaz said:
The word, in my estimation, could be the key to introducing a new POV.

We know for instance that Thoros now has doubts about his mission. And the girl, Jeyne Heddle, who looked after Brienne's wounds seems interesting. What if the word convinced them of Brienne's innocence and Stoneheart's vile attitude? Perhaps Thoros or Jeyne might take up where Brienne left off...

I am in process of reading through the series for the second time. (Re-reading an entire series when tere are so many good books left unopened in a way seemed ridiculous until I started reading this board and began to see it as necessity)
It seems that Cat and Brienne are linked with Sansa who In the first three books was linked strongly with the Hound.

I have been wondering lately whether she calls out "Hound" or "Sandor". I know that my comprehension skills leave much to be desired as I sped through the books the first go round, but the Hound is only reported as dead we do not have any real proof.

I know Martin has a tendancy to kill off characters with impunity, but Sandor is also in the same boat as Jamie I believe. That being a character who is seen as a shallow one-dimensional being developing a completely different outlook on life.

These thoughts also sparked, and the reason I quoted Boaz, the idea that the Hound could be the new POV. I do not believe he was a POV character from before.

Just my thoughts....
back to my dark beer and the prolouge for aSoS!!

Peace to you all

snow

JohnSnow said:
I have been wondering lately whether she calls out "Hound" or "Sandor". I know that my comprehension skills leave much to be desired as I sped through the books the first go round, but the Hound is only reported as dead we do not have any real proof.

I know Martin has a tendancy to kill off characters with impunity, but Sandor is also in the same boat as Jamie I believe. That being a character who is seen as a shallow one-dimensional being developing a completely different outlook on life.

These thoughts also sparked, and the reason I quoted Boaz, the idea that the Hound could be the new POV. I do not believe he was a POV character from before.

That's two for two John Snow. I also never thought about it that way. Well, happy reading and let us know if something revealing hits you in the face. A Sandor POV would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

That's two for two John Snow. I also never thought about it that way. Well, happy reading and let us know if something revealing hits you in the face. A Sandor POV would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I second that!

xx

Brienne could have shouted out "Gendry". Possibly "*******" but I'm not sure if he was present.

I think Sandor's POV would look something like this...

Sandor

The rain beat incessantly against the roof.

Three (expletive) days! I'm (expletive) stuck in this (expletive) with these (expletive)(expletive).

The five by ten foot shack was filled by Sandor, the priests Willert and Henly, a woman, and her two children. It was the only semi-dry shelter they could find.

On my way to (expletive) try and do some (expletive) justice and I get caught in the worst (expletive) storm in a hundred years. That (expletive) hedgeknight better be right or I'll (expletive) cut out his (expletive) tongue for lying.

Forced to be a (expletive) and walk in the (expletive) rain like a peasant.

What if Sansa was not (expletive) there? Someone will (expletive) know I was (expletive) looking for her. My (expletive) appearance is too noticeable. I'll never get a better chance... a chance to rescue her... a chance to do good... a chance to prove my honor... a chance to save my soul. (expletive)! (expletive) rain!

He came back to the present when the woman started to softly hum to her children. Sandor roared a curse and stomped out into the storm.

The tune was one he never forgot. Sansa had sung it to him.

(expletive), double (expletive), and more (expletive)!

Brienne is given a choice by Catelyn - "rope" or "sword"
if her x'ter is to continue, the word has to do with the sword.