Matrix Revolutions (2003)

Matrix was real nice, left me wanting more.
Reloded was kinda crap, made me wonder why I ever bothered.
Revolution was better than Reloded but way not as good as Matrix 1.

All in all the concept isn`t too bad, very "Asien".

yep watch them over last three night never been able to get it but having seen them in order and having see first one now i get it horray but the first one was deffinatly nessasery to watch first. I like that one best too .The second was ok but screamed of being a filler with no begining or end and the third left you feeling that they were not willing to comit to an end but still wroth seeing

This is philosophical question... Unfortunatly for my pride, I'm about four years out of touch with most philosophical concepts. Oh well, I think I can still answer this conundrum sensibly enough with my own biased thoughts ... I would probably leave. Afer it all, I would have, or gain, the comfortable knowledge that I could still live in a dream-world if I so chose by e.g writing, or simply sleeping. I've always wanted to do whatever is open to me ...

In various interviews given to her hometown Vancouver media just before the film was released, Matrix co-star Carrie-Anne Moss said she'd be up for going back into that universe.

He even goes so far as to set a raging fire in the foot of the coffin at one point, and though he has quite a good reason for doing so, we still marvel at the fact that the flames burn so fiercely and that smoke seems not to accumulate.

In a fit of maddening ridiculousness near the end, Conroy spends precious phone time talking through what amounts to an exit interview with his above-ground employers,

Reynolds performs admirably as a guy going through the stages of dealing with life-threatening trauma.

In his case, it goes something like fear, anger, hope, denial, and acceptance.

May as well exorcise my thoughts on the subject...

First film - one of the best I've seen on cinema. Still irks me that I watched Phantom Menace (ugh! somebody slap me), instead of The Matrix for a second time on the big screen. That said, as good as the Matrix remains, it's impact was superficial and doesn't stand up to repeated viewings in the way that, say, Aliens does (which was a far greater re-invention of on-screen action, even if Alien is the superior film, IMO).

Was very unsure of Reloaded, but reserved judgement until I'd seen Revolutions, and like most people was thoroughly underwhelmed. Simply put Reloaded was poor and Revolutions was awful. The Wachowski brothers just got too caught up in ridiculous tidbits, like striving to create the perfect CG rain-drop, to say nothing of getting terrible performances out of their actors, bad scripting, etc.

Their work on the Animatrix material was far better than either of the sequels - which reminds me: There are a lot of nods and clear inspirations from the likes of Akira and Ghost in the Shell (both of which I'd rather watch any day of the week). Pity that the Wachowski brothers didn't take Akira's lead a little further, and dispense with the fisticuffs, particularly in Revolutions. I mean, Neo is effectively a god within the Matrix, and yet he's still duking it out wild-west style (the least of the film's problems but still annoying).

I would, however, highly recommend the Wachowski brothers' first film, Bound, which in retrospect is better than anything they've done since.

My goal to watch the three original films before the new Matrix: Resurrected is released continues. And it is very clear to me now that the problem with these sequels was heavily a problem with this film. Reloaded wasn't really that bad, but I agree that Resurrected is actually boring. It does have some new ideas in it, but it is way too long for the story it is telling and is mostly just filling the space. The attack of Zion goes on much too long too. If they had just made a single sequel then it might have been okay.

Their work on the Animatrix material was far better than either of the sequels
I know this is 10 years late, but I agree and I'll have to dig out my copy of Animatrix too.

( @Dan Jones and @Phyrebrat Podcast idea - do a MST3K Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and watch Resurrected. When Neo has his eyes burned out then Dan can do his Byker Grove "me eyes, me eye" impressions).