Has anyone read White Knight Black Swan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid Rigby

To me, it is the Holy Grail of books. I have only seen a couple of copies on EBay. They always sell for over $200.

It is abook he DG wrote in 93', under the name Ross Harding. Very, very hard to find a copy.

I do own a copy, its different as its set in a modern time. I'd say to request it at a library as its probably easier to pick up rather than pay the money for it. I really enjoyed it. Mind you I found my copy for 50p at a car boot. Needless to say I paid it, walked away and then when a safe distance from the seller, burst out laughing manically. LOL

TO be honest you could tell it was Gemmell from the writing style. I loved it, its was good to be able to see how well his writing would stand up to a different type on novel. It has some twists and turns in it and something that sort of summed up the London for those of a certain age to remember. Well worth a read so get your library to order a copy for you if you live in the UK, although to be honest I suspect that any copies have probably been half hitched by now.

Sadly, I don't live in London. I've been looking for that book for seven years now. I once bid $120 dollars for it on Ebay, which was still $100 dollars short.
By the way Dros, nice site, I have been visiting it for years now.

Thanks, I will hopefully be updating the family tree but the one I currently have designed needs permission as it contains some information not in any of the books. Including the line of Karnak as well as the name of the Nadir Twin.

If only, I keep searching second hand bookshops/charity shops hoping to find one on the cheap, the strange thing is I remember seeing it when it was published and didn't bother about it( i knew it was Gemmell) oh how I regret it now:(

Would anyone be willing to part with a copy of 'White Knight Black Swan'? ??

I've got a signed copy, not sure what to sell it at as I've seen different prices. It's in perfect condition. I'm new to this, my signed Gemmell books were inherited. Should I just keep them safe instead or sell them to someone who would really appreciate them? Help!!!

Sue,

I bet you could get $500 or more for it. I saw one for sale for somwhere in that neighborhood, about a year ago (I think)
Wish I could spend that much!
Oh, and I really hope you do keep it!
or only sell it to
someone who will really appreciate it's value :)

I've got a signed copy, not sure what to sell it at as I've seen different prices. It's in perfect condition. I'm new to this, my signed Gemmell books were inherited. Should I just keep them safe instead or sell them to someone who would really appreciate them? Help!!!

Ill give you 300 for your copy, gemmell is my god:)

Status
Not open for further replies.