The Crown Of Stars, Book 7

Discussion in 'Kate Elliott' started by Alia, Jan 29, 2006.

1. murphy

murphy Well-Known Member

2. Astra_

Astra_ Member

WOW! Finally!

Could you please have a look at Question about Crown of Stars [SPOILERS] topic?

Ta!

3. murphy

murphy Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the question over on the Malazan Board about the Daemon (sp?) going after Heribert? If so, I don't have an answer. It's been a while since I read the books and don't remember.

4. Astra_

Astra_ Member

:D

Yes, and no. I have the same question over here. Right in this - Kate Elliott - forum. Probably the topic is below next to this one.

P.S. Small, small world :)

5. Astra_

Astra_ Member

Looks like Kate Elliott is not popular at all.
    Pity :(

6. JagLover

JagLover Well-Known Member

I have only now got around to finishing off the crown of stars series, using the free time before I start a new job in May.

Funnily enough, despite this being Kate's most popular series it is actually my least favourite of hers. I prefer both Jaran and the Crossroads trilogy.

As to the reason why, firstly this is another mediavelest fantasy in a genre full of them, where the other series she writes are rather more inventive.

Secondly I find that this series drags on far too much and far too much time is spent in some rather dull places with some rather dull people. As it is 4/5 seems fair to me for the series as a whole. But a tighter series that was at least one book shorter would have been better, perhaps with some minor characters written out and with a faster plot progression.