Matrix Reloaded (2003)

I've completely forgotten what the first one was like - other than I enjoyed it. :)

Methinks I'm going to be looking out for the special Edition DVD set for the Trilogy next year ( <- presumes there is gonig to be one. :) )

Well, I'm happy to buy it - most especially if it's a "special edition" set :)

I can't find the special edition of the first Matrix in any of the shops around here, which is a shame.

Btw - I'm currently sat in the office of a printing firm - and in the room next door, where the printing machines are, is an absolutely huge Matrix poster, showing the 3 main characters - about 5 foot high, I think. I'm staring at it and I really want one. :)

I was.
Revolutions Spoiler:
I really didn't expect that he'd have all the powers Neo had. He didn't fly in Reloaded. Why not? Did he still have more "growing" to do? Or did he just not want to reveal that particular talent to Neo so soon? I don't think he wanted to allow Neo any more time to learn or get more help, so why not take him out as soon as possible by revealing your own equal abilities? I don't think he could equal Neo at that time. So there wasn't anything planted in Reloaded that made me expect the development of those abilities in Revolutions.
In Reloaded, Smith had two abilites (that no one else had) that made us go "whoa!" What about now, in Revolutions?

Saw Revolutions when it came out on Wednesday. What an amazing end to the trilogy. I won't spoil anything plotwise at this early stage (I'm sure there will be plenty of discussion on the philosophy in the film here at a later date), but definately go and see it, it's almost as good as the first one.

Or what. ;) I'm trying to keep Revolutions discussions in the Revolutions forum. :D

hmm interesting concept will have to think on this;)

did we see the oracle smoking at all in Reloaded?:rolly2:

No, but she was smoking in The Matrix. Guess she prefers to smoke in her own home, and not at the park. ;)

I think for bad- High up in the stakes comes all the dancing that is supposed to be martial arts fighting- Much rather watch Bruce Lee for my Kung Fu or any number of other badly dubbed Chinese films for their fantasy fight scenes. A no win situation

It is a terrible diversion from the over-complicated plot!

As was all the bonking going on.

As for the Architect, what he was saying was simple enough, even through the double speak. Destroy the Matrix and it will rebuild itself- sans the rebels. Don't destroy the Matrix and the rebels will be destroyed- Trinity first.

Re: The Matrix Reloaded: Update

Would anyone happen to know the song that is playing during the menu screen of the Matrix Reloaded? On the DvD that plays the actual movie?

I just re-watched Reloaded on my mission to watch the three original films (and maybe some Animatrix too) before Resurrected is released in December 2021.

I haven't re-read this whole thread again, but I've skimmed through it. I now think my disappointment with the sequels was mostly down to some very high prior expectations that could never be adequately met, because this is still a very good film. It has a journey of sorts; it has new reveals (especially the cycles of revolution), it has action, and surprises, and interesting characters (programs), but it also has plot holes, and the cliffhanging ending is always going to be disliked. (Only Back to the Future could do a cliffhanging ending well).