James Lovegrove

Rosemary

The Wicked Sword Maiden
Science Fiction Book

Provender Gleed by James Lovegrove (Gollancz)

'English writer James Lovegrove wins praise from SF readers, yet has crossover appeal.
His book 'Provender Gleed' is an alternative history, a sub-genre. Something like a world where the BOrgias and the Medicis joined forces to dominate the globe, creating a cabal of wealthy families.
Lovegroves nods as alternative technology and history, but is more interested in a satire of our celebrity-obsessed culture.'

The name sounds familiar to me...has anybody read other books by this author!

Alternative history? Is this really a sub-genre of Science Fiction? :(

ravenus said:
Lovegrove...<insert Beavis and Butthead laughter here> :p

That bad? :( I thought it might have been an article of interest to those that read that particular type of story... :confused:

Read his book Sherlock Holmes and the Shadwell Shadows , It was quite good . Ive got book 2 Which is Sherlock Holmes and the Miskatonic Monstrosities :cool:

I read a few of his Pantheon series. They were pretty enjoyable at the time, but after reading three, I realised that the premise was the same and stopped reading them.

I have his Firefly Novel (The Magnificent Nine) on my bookshelf ready to read.

I haven't read any of his Sherlock Holmes novels.

I read a few of his Pantheon series. They were pretty enjoyable at the time, but after reading three, I realised that the premise was the same and stopped reading them.

I have his Firefly Novel (The Magnificent Nine) on my bookshelf ready to read.

I haven't read any of his Sherlock Holmes novels.

He does a great Job with Sherlock Holmes. :cool:

Back