Favorite Quotes from the books.

Darkstar

The Sword of Night
Theres so many good lines in the series I was just wondering what some of your favorites were. Heres a few of mine

"And for this poor Symon wound up in a bowl of brown. "
"If I have to hear seven versions of that, I may go down to Flea Bottom and apologize to the stew.".............Tyrion

"The dark lord assembled his legions, they gathered around him like crows. And thirsty for blood they boarded their ships ..."
"...and cut off poor Tyrion's nose," ..........Tyrion

"Admit it, Imp. Given a choice between fu**ing Lollys and fighting the Mountain, you'd have your breeches down and your c**k up before a man could blink." .......Bronn

"I sit on the damn iron seat when I must. Does that mean I don't have the hungers as other men? A bit of wine now and again, a girl squealing in bed, the feel of a horse between my legs? Seven hells, Ned, I want to hit someone."

Robert Baratheon

"It would seem that Lord Tywin did not share his plans with our regent, I can't imagine why. Still there 'tis no use hectoring Her Grace. She is quite right, you must write Lord Leyton before Garth boards a ship. You know the sea will sicken him and make his farting worse." Lady Olenna gave Cersei a toothless smile. " Your council chambers will smell sweeter with Lord Gyles, though I daresay the coughing would drive me to distraction. We all adore dear old uncle Garth, but the man is flatulent, that cannot be gainsaid. I do abhore foul smells." Her wrinkled face wrinkled up even more. " I caught a whiff of something unpleasant in the holy sept, in truth. Mayhaps you smelled it to?"
"No" Cersei said coldly, " A scent, you say?"
"More like a stink."

Thats kind of a long one but you got to like the Queen of Thornes.

Another one

"A knight's a sword with a horse. The rest, the vows and the sacred oild and the ladys favors, they're silk ribbons tied round the sword. Maybe the sword's prettier with the ribbons hanging off it, but it will kill you just as dead. Well, bugger your ribbons, and shove your swords up your arses. I'm the same as you . The only difference is, I don't lie about what I am. So kill me, but don't call me a murderer while you stand there telling each other that your **** don't stink. You hear me!"..................Sandor Clegane "The Hound"

Winter will never come for the likes of us. Should we die in battle, they will surely sing of us, and it’s always summer in the songs. In the songs all knights are gallant, all maids are beautiful, and the sun is always shining. - Brienne, in A Clash of Kings.

"I'm willing if she is." - Tyrion to Bronn after the first attack of the mountain clans.

"The things I do for love." - Jaime

"I want to see him fly." - Robert Arryn

"When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground." - Cersei to Ned in AGoT (p408 if you're being pedantic! ;) )

Also always loved "Promise me, Ned" :)

Everything <--- he says. He aint got a big part, but he sure does get the best lines. :) Will pick some of the choicest ones out when i have the time.

"My queen, all you say is true. But Rhaegar lost on the trident. He lost the battle, he lost the war, he lost the kingdom, and he lost his life. His blood swirled downriver with the rubies from his breastplate, and Robert the Usurper rode over his corpse to steal the Iron Throne. Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."..........Ser Jorah Mormont

A few more quicker ones that I like.

"I am the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, you arrogant pup. Your commander, so long as you wear that white cloak. Now sheathe your bloody sword, or I'll take it from you and shove it up some place even Renly never found.".................Jamie Lannister

"Our knees don't bend so easily" .........Arthur Dayne to Ned Stark at the Tower of Joy

"Ser?, My lady? " ............Pod

"Arrakis. Dune. Desert planet."

Doh! Wrong book! That's me though - "Ser Duncan the Tall, thick as a castle wall." ;)
-g-

Edwyn Frey:"Let every archer smear his shafts with night soil, and make that crest his mark"
Lord Karyl replies "Will the night soil be your own contribution, Edwyn? A mortal poison I don't doubt".

"Maybe I never saw a camel, but I know a camel's c**t when I smell one" - Arya

My absolute favourite is Tyrion saying to Jaime (when Tyrion escapes the prison) something like this: "What would I say if they find me? No im a different dwarf with a hideous facial scar?

Spoilers from AFFC:
My favourite scene in the Feast for Crows is definately the part where Jaime threatens Edmure Tully. "I'll leave you to enjoy your food. Singer, play for our guest whilst he eats. You know the song, I trust."
"The One about the rain? Aye, my lord. I know it".

Im starting to think that Martin made the song "Rains of Castamere" just because of that scene. That's just so brilliant.

"When the wildlings knocked him off the Bridge of Skulls, somehow he landed in a nice deep pool of water. How lucky was that, missing all those rocks?"

"Was it a long fall? Did landing in the pool of water save his life?"

"No.
He was dead already, from that axe in his head. Still, it was pretty lucky, missing all those rocks.

~Dolorous Edd.

"A lovely belly, I have no doubt. Moisten it as often as you wish...but see that your dew falls nowhere else. I want no more nephews, is that clear?"
Tyrion to Ser Lancel

Dolorous Edd is one of the most underated chracters in the whole series:

"You cheer me," said Edd, sounding utterly morose. "And besides, there's much to be said for a good sharp axe. I'd hate to be murdered with a maul. I saw a man hit in the brow with a maul once. Scarce split the skin at all, but his head turned mushy and swelled up big as a gourd, only purply-red. A comely man, but he died ugly. It's good that we're not giving them mauls." Edd walked away shaking his head....

also from Edd:

"Does it rain in hell, I wonder? Perhaps Craster would like a nice hat instead."

One more:

"It's, kof, the pie, noth - kof, pie." Joff took another drink, or tried to, but all the wine came spewing back out when another spate of coughing doubled him over. His face was turning red. "I kof, I can't, kof kof kof kof..." The chalice slipped from his hand and dark red wine went running across the dias.
"He's choking," Queen Margaery gasped.