Favorite Quotes from the books.

"Ah, say that I'm a better king than Aerys and be done with it. You never could lie for love nor honor, Ned Stark. I’m still young, and now that you’re here with me, things will be different. We’ll make a reign to sing of, and damn the Lannisters to seven hells. I smell bacon. Who do you think our champion will be today?
~Robert AGOT
I just love how the he says the bacon line so casually and out of the blue. It cracks me up every time.

Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died.
~Ser Jorah Mormont ASOS

Just seems to so simply put to words a main theme in all the books.

"When the snow falls and white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives." -Eddard Stark

"I have won every battle, yet somehow I'm losing the war." -Robb Stark

"If I look back, I am lost." -Daenerys Targaryen

"The world grows a little darker every day" -Catelyn Stark

Welcome, jordy.

I also like the quotes by Ned and Robb. And as for Catelyn commenting on the world growing darker by the day... well, she's the one who'd know.

"They followed me home, father," Tyrion explained. "May I keep them? The don't eat very much."
this shows that tyrion is a very funny little dwarf and i was laughing so hard after reading it

"And you must know whilst we are thankful for the aid you rendered us against Mance Rayder, we can offer you no help in your contest for the throne.The Night's Watch takes no part in the wars of the Seven Kingdoms. For eight thousand years-"

" I know your history Ser Denys" the King said brusquely. "I give you my word, I shall not ask you to lift your swords against any of the rebels or usurpers who plague me. I do expect that you will continue to defend the Wall as you always have."

"We'll defend the Wall to the last man" said Cotter Pyke.

"Probably me" said Dolorous Edd, in a resigned tone.

Was it worth that much, WS? Who would buy it?

I found a better one. Pyp: You're too stupid to be craven.
Grenn: I am not!
Pyp: You are. if you ran into a bear in the woods, you'd be too stupid to run away.
Greeen: I would not! I'd run away faster than you!
pause.
Grenn: Hang on...

Or something like that, anyway.

I wish I had the books with me...these won't be exact quotes.

For me, some of the best come from Arya. Two stand out: when she abandons the Hound- "You should have saved them..." and when she re-asserts her identity...

"A singer named Dale died in the alleyways last night."

"And how did he die?"

"Arya Stark start stabbed him in the back and pushed him into the canals."

The sheer cold-bloodedness of it took my breath away.

Im going to start with Tyrion's 7th word....kinda sets his character's tone well :)

"Too hot, Too noisy, And i have drunk too much wine" the dwarf told him. "I learned long ago that it is considered rude to vomit on your brother. Might I have a closer look at your wolf?"

Gendry:'Bark like a dog if you need help'

Arya: 'Thats stupid, when i need help i'll shout 'Help!!'.

Haha, lol.

Don't forget Dany's infamous "I am but a young girl and know nothing of war, but..." classic.

Chataya: 'The gods made our bodies is it not so? They give us voices so we might worship them with song. They give us hands, so we might build them temples. And they give us desire, so we might mate and worship them in that way.

Tyrion: 'Remind me to tell the High Septon, if i could pray with my c*** i'd be much more religious'.

The Queen of Thorns: Oh, I do hope he plays the Rains of Castemere. It's been almost an hour, I've forgotten how it goes.

OK I never expected to quote Renly here, but here he comes. Its during the court preceedings that result in Lady's Death.

Lord Renly stifled his laughter. "My brother is too kind. I can find the door myself." He bowed to Joffrey. "Perchance later you'll tell me how a nine year old girl the size of a wet rat managed to disarm you with a broomhandle and throw your sword into the river." As the door swung shut behind him, Ned heard him say "Lions Tooth", a guffaw once more.

Red Viper:"Have they told you who I am?"
Gregor Clegane grunted through his breaths."Some dead man."

Yeah, I'm a Mountain fan.

Dave

I don't want to reply to myself, but I guess I will....I hope I'm not some kind of
closet sadist because I am intrigued by the Mountain...

Dave