Any Thoughts on the Angel Television Series?

McMurphy

Apostate Against the Eloi
Coffee is an addiction, black-and-white horror fil
I picked up the fifth and final season of Whedon's Angel television series for my girlfriend's birthday recently. At this very moment, she is watching an episode.

Considering how slight of an impression the Buffy the Vampire series made on me, I am surprised to report that I think Angel is pretty decent. The girl fans seem to love the final season of this series because of the frequent appearances of Spike, although the "Smile Time" episode where Angel gets turned into a Muppet is hilarious.

Anyone else have thoughts on the Angel series?

Angel was one of my favorite shows. Especially when they added Spike. Of course Spike was always one of my favorite characters even when he was evil. LOLOL... He always made some sort of comment that would have me laughing. The Smile Time episode was hillarious!!! Of course I always did like The Muppet Show when I was a kid. :p

I may have been one of the few people who liked Connor as well. Personally, I wish they had kept the show going and the last episode was not at all what I expected. It was actually kind of disapointing to me as a fan. In a way, I actually prefered this show to Buffy.

I haven't seen a lot of Angel or Buffy episodes (I'm on to the latter now when my flatmate got the whole boxed set). The few episodes I did see of Angel however were ok. For a honest review I need to se more, though.

the drama overtook the demons. I didn't like the " ow my GOd, I am to strong and evil" part with Willow.

and why did the mother have to die? recastings suck!

With angel, I liked the Wolfram and heart aspect. Like most of the demons too, but I somehow always felt there was a lack of depthness in most of the cases.
RPG? What's wrong with them? right, not quite the feed for a core fantasyfan, sorry.

The thing is that i never liked either Angel, cordelia or Wesley in Buffy. So when i heard there was a new series with these three characters, i instantly jumped to the conclusion that it would suck. I saw a few episodes, don't know from which season, and i can't say it made me change my mind.

But then i saw one of the episodes with Doyle, and actualyl gave it a chance. And i liked it. And i realised Angel wasn't the same gloomy Angel that you saw in Buffy. So i started to like it more and more.
But it was first when Connor appeared that i started to watch the series on a daily basis and became as obsessed with it as i was with Buffy.
I've kinda noticed that aloooot of people who dislike him around here, but i think hes great.

I loved the series so much that I bought the entire run on DVD. There were times when I liked Angel even better than Buffy the Vampire Slayer--and I liked Buffy a heck of a lot, so that's saying something. Overall, Angel is darker, more noir, and more grown-up than Buffy.

Sure, there are not-so-great episodes, and I'm one of the people who didn't much like the Connor-Cordelia arc. But the final season really got to me; many of the episodes in the final season of Angel made me cry.

I watch Angel from time to time. Can anyone tell me if the episode where Connor drops Angel in the ocean well tight is the last episode ? Our stupid TVs programmers don't keep tracks of the series.