Was Robin Hood's 'real' grave discovered?

Third time luck? I simply said that big budget films and childrens story don't tell the true story of robin hood and people just come and have a dabble like tony robinson but miss out by not:confused: getting to know those who have been studying the subject for years

see picture:eek:

Attachments

• crosses on grave,three nuns,ruth and barbara.jpg
    crosses on grave,three nuns,ruth and barbara.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 953
Thanks BRIAN--I am having trouble posting so thats why I am keeping it short:rolleyes:
[link removed]
Proper research has never been allowed round RHG

There was a thousand Robin Hoods, during the early renaissance period. A combination of peasant revolts and highway robbery during 14th century helped create a few colourful and sometimes fictional characters. When I was studying this period, albeit mainly the peasant rovolts of 1831 (Wat Tyler and all that), the name Robin Hood was considered to be a generic name for a leader of outlaws and robbers.

Well, if you have some significant evidence to say that you know the whereabouts of the "ONE TRUE" Robin Hood, and can prove that he wasn't just a made up character, then you should write a thesis stating you evidence and submit it to the right forum...

Until that point, all we have are stories, myths, folktales and legend... ;)

Okay now - lovely though all the images are, let's focus this descussion on actual historical/archaeological/folkloric arguments - otherwise I may end up editing any future images out of the thread, unless they are entirely relevant to the discussion to a historical/archaeological/folkloric argument.

What, Hereward? He fought the Normans, or something, somewhere around here.

I don't know much.... just vague stuff not really remembered from primary school trips to Ely Cathedral. I think Charles Kingsley wrote a book about him.