The Dragon Has Three Heads

I had to ask because:
  • my copy of AGoT (not to mention all the other ASoIaF books) is, unfortunately, not to hand;
  • I wondered if it was written like that in the book(s) and so may be a hint as to the nature of that Prince.

@svalbard it is fitting that I have given the greatest response in the history of these forms. Simply put, I am the greatest poster here. And I’m glad that you recognize that and are not given to flattery nor hyperbole.

Seriously, dude, it has been a journey hasn’t it? Just think… If the series was finished, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I no longer have confidence that Martin will finish. But I am committed to enjoying the journey while it lasts.

Your 16th year anniversary of joining the Chronicles, Netwerk is less than a week away! I’m glad you’re still here. So many of our fellows no longer post. Lamentable, but understandable.

Also, I think I figured out what the prophecy about the three heads of the Dragon means. The three heads of the dragon will be the last three posters in this forum. Who will it be? You? Me? The big bear?

If we do get The Winds of Winter, I expect a few of the old posters to return for a while, however, briefly.

Thank you Boaz. You have kept the flame going far longer than should be expected.

There does seem to have being some good news this week and something I have long suspected and discussed with friends over a few beverages during the last few years. Martin announced that he his nearly finished all 7 books. I believe we are going to get two rapid releases in the not too distanced future.

As for the Three Headed Dragon. You may be right, however I think there is a fellow Chrons member @BAYLOR who is the ressurrection king of these forums. A veritable Necromancer.

Thank you Boaz. You have kept the flame going far longer than should be expected.

There does seem to have being some good news this week and something I have long suspected and discussed with friends over a few beverages during the last few years. Martin announced that he his nearly finished all 7 books. I believe we are going to get two rapid releases in the not too distanced future.

As for the Three Headed Dragon. You may be right, however I think there is a fellow Chrons member @BAYLOR who is the ressurrection king of these forums. A veritable Necromancer.

If only Colin Clive was here to see this. .;)

@BAYLOR OK, so I looked up Colin Clive on Wikipedia. It doesn’t explain the joke to Americans.

@svalbard What do you mean Martin said he’s almost done with the last two books? There’s nothing about that on his Not A Blog. He has been preoccupied lately with the writers strike.

If you are correct, then I hail you as the prognosticator of prognosticators, a seer of Sears, and the best reader of all tea leaf readers.

When Dance came out, Martin purportedly already had 10 to 15% of Winds done. That was 12 years ago. I still remember that it was halfway finished in 2014 and 2015. Last year he said he was 75% finished. I’m not stating this to blame him, nor to find reasons why the book is not finished, nor to pick on him in any way. I merely stating that we don’t know what is going on nor have an idea of any realistic timetable.

I would love to see an announcement tomorrow that he’s finished. I would be overjoyed! But this is all off-topic… And I return you to the three heads of the dragon.

@BAYLOR OK, so I looked up Colin Clive on Wikipedia. It doesn’t explain the joke to Americans.

Colin Clive played Dr Henry Frankenstein in James Whles 1931 classic film. Remember the iconic scene where he brought the monster to life and utter the immortal l lines " It's alive , Alive ! !" when he see's he successfully brought the monster to life ? Well , here I am bringing dead threads back to life. ;)

Back